Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 2013-01-11, 16:56
QVprod's Avatar
QVprod QVprod is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwoodblues1969 View Post
Sorry to disagree with you,but you couldn't be more wrong...this free offering from Ocean Way Drums is one of the best drum kits I've ever come across & it's completely free; https://www.esoundz.com/freesoundz.php
Well I admitted being wrong already above so I'll stand corrected again. That Ocean way Drum kit is really good I might have to customize it to my liking, but it's sampled pretty well.. Never been a fan of the open source drumkit though. Sounded a bit more on the ambient electronic side than the "natural" side when i tried it a while back imho.
  #12  
Old 2013-01-11, 18:33
velcro velcro is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 36
Right on!

Hey thanks man i'll check it out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwoodblues1969 View Post
Sorry to disagree with you,but you couldn't be more wrong...this free offering from Ocean Way Drums is one of the best drum kits I've ever come across & it's completely free; https://www.esoundz.com/freesoundz.php
  #13  
Old 2013-01-11, 18:35
velcro velcro is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 36
Right on!

Can't wait to check both of these out when I get home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwoodblues1969 View Post
This one from Nucleus Soundlab is pretty impressive too...not much in the way of bass drums,but the percussion & cymbal selection is excellent; http://nucleus-soundlab.com/products...-reason-5.html
  #14  
Old 2013-01-11, 22:11
slevin slevin is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 264
Free and you want quality!!!??? Jeez can I have your art, you know the stuff you put a lot of effort and work into for free?

But I digress... You are really not going to get anything adequate for free, you will have to spend money to get a fantastic sounding drum library. Reason Drum Refills is a good place to start and at $99 it is not that bad.
  #15  
Old 2013-01-11, 23:41
velcro velcro is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 36
Lol!

Lol... thanks for the 'passionate' response to the thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slevin View Post
Free and you want quality!!!??? Jeez can I have your art, you know the stuff you put a lot of effort and work into for free?

But I digress... You are really not going to get anything adequate for free, you will have to spend money to get a fantastic sounding drum library. Reason Drum Refills is a good place to start and at $99 it is not that bad.
  #16  
Old 2013-01-12, 02:26
TunedAgent's Avatar
TunedAgent TunedAgent is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by slevin View Post
Free and you want quality!!!??? Jeez can I have your art, you know the stuff you put a lot of effort and work into for free?

But I digress... You are really not going to get anything adequate for free, you will have to spend money to get a fantastic sounding drum library. Reason Drum Refills is a good place to start and at $99 it is not that bad.
I'll bite...and you're wrong too.

There's a great many drum kits out there that are quality. The Ocean Way kit has already been mentioned. My favorite freebie is here...

http://www.analoguedrums.com/details-bm.php

You will have to put some work into it though, as it is a unlocked Kontakt library. Search and you will find.
__________________
Cookie I think you're tame.
  #17  
Old 2013-01-13, 05:02
velcro velcro is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 36
Thanks man...

Tight!
Thanks alot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedAgent View Post
I'll bite...and you're wrong too.

There's a great many drum kits out there that are quality. The Ocean Way kit has already been mentioned. My favorite freebie is here...

http://www.analoguedrums.com/details-bm.php

You will have to put some work into it though, as it is a unlocked Kontakt library. Search and you will find.
  #18  
Old 2013-01-14, 00:23
PeterLansford PeterLansford is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by velcro View Post
It may sound like an oxymoron , i'm sure, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask....

in particular i need some nice fills and /or tight snares,toms,rimshots, cymbals (hell whole kits..)
Also looking for fender rhodes, mini moog sounds...
One of my personal favorites...

http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/free-samples
  #19  
Old 2013-01-14, 02:54
velcro velcro is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 36
Thanks Pete!

Looks good man. I can always use electronic sounds as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlansford View Post
One of my personal favorites...

http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/free-samples
  #20  
Old 2013-01-14, 03:04
velcro velcro is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 36
I knew when I initially made this thread that the "impossible" would happen. That being, for every nay sayer (no matter how unlikely one may have thought, including myself at times...) I KNEW some good FREE resources would appear.

'Free' does not always equate 'cheap' and /or a lack of quality. (likewise, or does spending top dollar on anything = premium product. (Although surely, paying for well RESEARCHED products usually brings a better yield..)

Closed mouthes don't get fed... period.

Thanks guys!

p.s. if this continues to grow then I will opt to ask that this thread be turned into a sticky for the next guy who SURELY for whatever reason or another will wonder if there are any quality drums out there for free...
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keyboard Shortcut Variations (remote mapping) Onijanex Phead User Forum (read only) 18 2013-01-07 17:55
Performance Guitars for Reason 6+ EeNgia4No General Forum (read only) 1 2012-03-11 02:02
Here you can download all FREE refills (22 !) by DoruMALAIA! compozi General Forum (read only) 6 2011-10-11 06:03
Reason drum kits 2.0 - help !! ghostriderlx Phead User Forum (read only) 70 2010-07-08 20:38
Clipped sounds Recording Drum loops?!? rdh3t General Forum (read only) 5 2003-09-22 15:28


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:13.