Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-12, 11:17

Exclamation Orchestral Experiment #1 - Miroslav Refills

This is a track with experimenting with the positioning of an orchestra in sonic space. The track isnt top notch, and sounds a little synthetical at moments but it did give me a give me a good idea how an orchestra is situated.

Its been composed in reason, mainly used Miroslav refills for this, but used Epic Drums from Big Fish Audio aswell to make it a little bit more dramatical.

Loading SoundCloud…

Some people hate it most like it, wonder what you think!
Old 2013-01-12, 15:23

Hi, I like what you are doing!, keep it up

Mo
Old 2013-01-12, 15:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriuz View Post
Hi, I like what you are doing!, keep it up

Mo
Hi Mo,

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it!
Old 2013-01-12, 16:55

Impressive! Further mastering/reverb and a few extra slam-bang tympanis could make it very much so.

Edit: I just listened also to "Masters of Eden" on your SC page. You know of what you are doing. Tight work with good emotional content.

Last edited by MayorMcCheese; 2013-01-12 at 17:04.
Old 2013-01-12, 17:10

Sounds great ! Good work.
Old 2013-01-12, 17:59

Nice and epic sounding. I felt like i could have been watching some movie trailer that involved Machiavellian intrigue and knights.
Old 2013-01-12, 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTale View Post
This is a track with experimenting with the positioning of an orchestra in sonic space. The track isnt top notch, and sounds a little synthetical at moments but it did give me a give me a good idea how an orchestra is situated.

Its been composed in reason, mainly used Miroslav refills for this, but used Epic Drums from Big Fish Audio aswell to make it a little bit more dramatical.

Loading SoundCloud…

Some people hate it most like it, wonder what you think!
This is quite excellent,as the attention to detail is impressive...but it's too bad that Propellerhead has not upgraded to a better sample player yet....because if they had and you were working with better samples,I think your work would be indistinguishable from the real thing!
Old 2013-01-12, 20:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese View Post
Impressive! Further mastering/reverb and a few extra slam-bang tympanis could make it very much so.

Edit: I just listened also to "Masters of Eden" on your SC page. You know of what you are doing. Tight work with good emotional content.
Hehe nice play of words there Thanks i guess Masters of Eden was a burden to get out haha.. Im happy with the result indeed! Thanks for listening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staarchylld View Post
Sounds great ! Good work.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryzog View Post
Nice and epic sounding. I felt like i could have been watching some movie trailer that involved Machiavellian intrigue and knights.
Thanks these comments always make me feel good because its the direction im aiming for. And a few others hehe.. To many ideas, to little time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwoodblues1969 View Post
This is quite excellent,as the attention to detail is impressive...but it's too bad that Propellerhead has not upgraded to a better sample player yet....because if they had and you were working with better samples,I think your work would be indistinguishable from the real thing!
Yes it would be great if there came a kontakt player RE that would revolutionize sampling in reason. Thanks for the huge compliment!

Last edited by PsyTale; 2013-01-13 at 01:29.
Old 2013-01-13, 09:47

Love it!
Also, glad to see another user making classical music.

Tips for making classical music with Reason (4.0 in my case):
ORCHSTRINGS, SUPERSTRINGS, or Lord of the Strings for fast, front-and-center violins
Griffin's Secret Strings for background, full-chord violins (to give it a fuller sound)
Concert Piano or Five Meter Grand Piano for mid-to-deep piano parts (including full-chord pianos)
Grand Piano for high piano parts
Electronic Crash Cymbal for big finishes
Griffin's Secret Strings or Soft Petals (under Electric Piano category) for bass
Old 2013-01-13, 11:32

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencolbert5 View Post
Love it!
Also, glad to see another user making classical music.

Tips for making classical music with Reason (4.0 in my case):
ORCHSTRINGS, SUPERSTRINGS, or Lord of the Strings for fast, front-and-center violins
Griffin's Secret Strings for background, full-chord violins (to give it a fuller sound)
Concert Piano or Five Meter Grand Piano for mid-to-deep piano parts (including full-chord pianos)
Grand Piano for high piano parts
Electronic Crash Cymbal for big finishes
Griffin's Secret Strings or Soft Petals (under Electric Piano category) for bass
Actually my goal is to migrate classical music with modern styles. Thanks for the tips, I have a tip too Upgrade and get some re's Some are really intesting for classical prods, like Radical series! Thanks for your comment, im going to try our griffin.