Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-01-12, 17:06

I have to disagree that we know nothing about the SDK. We all see what can be made with it. Uber simple things like an EQ curve, not possible. A real spectrum analizer with a curve instead of led bars, not possible. RE's can't even be folded. Alot of developers told us that their plugins can't be ported due to limitations of the SDK. All that information tells me it's crippled and i don't see any evidence that it's not. Imagine what our money could have bought if it wasn't that crippled. That's what i'm saying. I'm really liking the RE's i have, it's not about that. But if everyone is so concerned for developers and their income then it's their "toolbox" which needs to be improved so they can bring better stuff to the table.

But to get back to the original discussion. It's totally not logical that we can't transfer RE's while we can transfer Reason itself. Imagine having spend a few grand on RE's and you are happily using them, nothing wrong. Then one day (extreme example) you turn deaf! Money gone.
Old 2013-01-12, 17:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMOMs View Post
:
We know nothing

just think before you speak my friend , no atack but you know EU laws and then you know they break it ! simple but confusing because you put your trust eyes close in a company that do not trust you and break the law to defend there selfs against you !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2013-01-12, 17:47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
just think before you speak my friend , no atack but you know EU laws and then you know they break it ! simple but confusing because you put your trust eyes close in a company that do not trust you and break the law to defend there selfs against you !
Conspiracy all the way!

Guys you know, PH will do that transfer thingy in the future, I bet they will, but not just now, maybe they already testing it & stuff!
Old 2013-01-12, 23:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
I have to disagree that we know nothing about the SDK. We all see what can be made with it. Uber simple things like an EQ curve, not possible. A real spectrum analizer with a curve instead of led bars, not possible. RE's can't even be folded. Alot of developers told us that their plugins can't be ported due to limitations of the SDK. All that information tells me it's crippled and i don't see any evidence that it's not. Imagine what our money could have bought if it wasn't that crippled.
Well we don't know anything specific about the SDK (sorry didn't word it properly).
Other than that, you're probably right with your conclusion about that hypothetical situation.
Only a little semantic thingy: it can't be crippled because it's never been complete (or at least how I understand it) anyway I still get the point
But still, even though I'm into conspiracies and all, I don't see one here
Old 2013-01-13, 01:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep View Post
Here's one problem though, let's say I bought an RE for it's intro price, uhbik A for example, what would stop me from selling it for more than I paid? Would that be fair or should it be controlled?
That's an interesting point. People could snap up RE's at introductory or offer prices just so they can then later sell them at a higher price, closer to the final price. But hey (in his best Robert De Niro gangster voice) business is business!

I still think there's a place for a shop trading section where people can buy and sell 'second hand' RE's, maybe with Propellerheads or even the developer getting a small cut of the final sale price. Kind of like how it works with eBay. I think people buying RE's knowing they could later trade them might be good for overal sales ..... Maybe. Makes sense to me
Old 2013-01-13, 01:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatmincer View Post
The props have to enable the possibility of transferring Re licenses. They can call them what they want, they can write whatever they want in the EULA. What they are doing now is against EU law, full stop. If you don't belive me, check with a qualified lawyer.
Seriously?! I can't believe this is the case or how could they be do this and breaking the law?
Old 2013-01-13, 02:29

Quote:
Here's one problem though, let's say I bought an RE for it's intro price, uhbik A for example, what would stop me from selling it for more than I paid? Would that be fair or should it be controlled?
It will be the same as everything else in this world. Who cares for how much you bought it? It's about what you sell it for. Lol, is this really so hard to grasp? Haven't you ever sold something 2nd hand?
Old 2013-01-13, 02:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMOMs View Post
Well we don't know anything specific about the SDK (sorry didn't word it properly).
Other than that, you're probably right with your conclusion about that hypothetical situation.
Only a little semantic thingy: it can't be crippled because it's never been complete (or at least how I understand it) anyway I still get the point
But still, even though I'm into conspiracies and all, I don't see one here
Yeah, it's pretty bizarre to go into a full scale business model without a complete base imo

No conspiracy here. It's just something I and everyone can observe happening.
Old 2013-01-13, 03:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
Haven't you ever sold something 2nd hand?
In all honesty I've only ever once sold one piece of software 2nd hand - GMedia's original M-Tron. But in the end I had to refund the money because it didn't work on the buyers newer OS & there was no update/patch to make it work. But as we've been led to believe this shouldn't be a problem with Reason & Rack Extensions. I'd like to see trading available in the RE Shop.
Old 2013-07-28, 14:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep View Post
Well considering RE's are still new to the world and it hasn't even been a year yet since their release, I'm hopeful that with enough nagging props will come round to the idea.
Ofcourse it is. The question is if somebody will buy it. Some of celebrity is trying to sell his house located on los angeles for 65m$. 6 years ago it was worth of 7m$ so the price seems to be abstract. I just wonder if that person is willing to exchange for two dogs i own worth 35M$ each. 5& ahead still.