Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-13, 20:59

Arrow Need your help on this one!

Hi everyone!
i just uploaded a demo version of my latest production which i am planning to release soon. I want it to sound as good as possible so i decided i need some help and more ears on this. It includes 2 different masters in progress and i would like to know which one of the 2 previews included on this audio sounds better to you, if any of the 2, and if there is any element that you would like it louder or not.
I will appreciate any mixdown/mastering feedback, if in your opinion there is sth that needs improvement, so i can get the best out of it
Here is the link:
https://soundcloud.com/kevinsunray/k...sterinprogress

Let me know))
Old 2013-01-13, 21:13

If you want feedback on your mix you should post the raw mix without any mastering chain on it. Somethings need to be addressed in the mix and cannot be fixed with mastering. Are you aware that there are affordable online mastering services that'll master your tracks at a good rate.
Old 2013-01-13, 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilis View Post
Hi everyone!
i just uploaded a demo version of my latest production which i am planning to release soon. I want it to sound as good as possible so i decided i need some help and more ears on this. It includes 2 different masters in progress and i would like to know which one of the 2 previews included on this audio sounds better to you, if any of the 2, and if there is any element that you would like it louder or not.
I will appreciate any mixdown/mastering feedback, if in your opinion there is sth that needs improvement, so i can get the best out of it
Here is the link:
https://soundcloud.com/kevinsunray/k...sterinprogress

Let me know))
Both mixes sound kinda flat to me, i would redo the whole mastering process and putt more emphasis on a warm sound.
Old 2013-01-13, 21:23

I need feedback on the audio as it sounds. Like it was a final product and to see generally the reaction and if there is sth i will have to notice or improve as usually i always think that sth is wrong and sometimes i end up destroying everything or making worst so more ears will be good at this time

PS: As for online mastering and generally mastering i cant afford , especially now, anything so i have to continue doing everything by my own till i have the ability to pay
Old 2013-01-13, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTale View Post
Both mixes sound kinda flat to me, i would redo the whole mastering process and putt more emphasis on a warm sound.
How can you tell what the mix sounds like if he's already mastered it? Wouldn't you mean his masters? Op please post a link to your raw mix down i'd love to give your feedback on your mix. You want to make sure your mix sounds as best as possible first then worry about the mastering.
Old 2013-01-13, 21:26

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTale View Post
Thanks For example? More compression?
Old 2013-01-13, 21:26

ok gonna post in a bit
Old 2013-01-13, 21:35

Here is the mixdown. Though i have volume down the kick a bit as it was kinda loud:
https://soundcloud.com/kevinsunray/mixdown2/s-0hhIr
Old 2013-01-13, 21:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by djphathead View Post
How can you tell what the mix sounds like if he's already mastered it? Wouldn't you mean his masters? Op please post a link to your raw mix down i'd love to give your feedback on your mix. You want to make sure your mix sounds as best as possible first then worry about the mastering.
He has a link with 2 masters? Cant you just give the guy your opinion on the masters??

Last edited by PsyTale; 2013-01-13 at 21:43. Reason: Didnt like my own tone.
Old 2013-01-13, 21:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilis View Post
Here is the mixdown. Though i have volume down the kick a bit as it was kinda loud:
https://soundcloud.com/kevinsunray/mixdown2/s-0hhIr
Same issue to me, the sound is shallow. It needs depth and warmth.

P.S. I like the track-idea, know i sound harsh, but it can really be better