Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-10, 09:09

Just checked some of your soundcloud songs. "Keep Looking Up" is a really interesting and original track. I really liked it.
Synth Rock
Old 2013-01-11, 04:05

Thanks Tincture. I had a lot of fun making my first album. It took me about 2 and a half months having that ideal setup (drum mics, half stack Line 6 with a Marshall 4x12) and recording all live audio, no MIDI. I made some drum loops with the Streetboxxx, and a few drum loops in FL studio demo. That was my only programming of electronic music.

Keep Looking Up has a special place in my brain and life. I have some plans on revisiting it with future albums and recordings. Glad you dig it. Not many people make it around to my first album; they all mostly want to hear my electronic music and not instrument playing.
Old 2013-01-12, 01:51

I'm digging the back catalog as well man! I'm listening to Billions of Lightyears Across...nice! Do your thing.
Lover of Hip Hop/House & anything Funky
https://soundcloud.com/steve-larusso
Old 2013-01-13, 21:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy909 View Post
I'm digging the back catalog as well man! I'm listening to Billions of Lightyears Across...nice! Do your thing.
When the time comes for a full ideal studio with drum mics and all, expect a BIG GUN SOUND Reggae/Dub album!
Old 2013-01-13, 23:07

interesting stuff. I dig it! but I do have to agree with some of the other people in this thread; the album name and cover don't really give a good impression of what a listener might be getting themselves into. the music is really well done, and it's a shame to think that there will be people out there who won't ever know that because they're basing their listening decision on a juvenile (at best) album name and cover. you can justify your decision any way you like, but if you want people to give you a fair shake, you should probably put some more thought into how you present your music.

and I mean no offense when I say this (I'm hardly any sort of graphic designer), but the questionable content of the cover aside, it's just UGLY. you might consider having a friend do some artwork for you. again, not meant to offend, just sharing some (hopefully) constructive criticism.

keep up the good tunes!
Old 2013-01-14, 05:22

Wow really good songs. I loved Statue of Thrust and In the Jungle Love.

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-01-14, 06:25

I find your expression of slight confusion at apparently achieving coitus with the Earth both hilarious and offensive. If you're going to risk destroying all of our homes, livelihoods and (let us not forget) the children in the name of gratification, at least look like you're enjoying it.

Looking forward to finishing this collab with you. Between us I reckon we should be able to create something pretty close to vaguely acceptable.

Peace and Such

Alex
Old 2013-01-14, 15:59

Statue of Thrust has a simple little music video coming out soon. Few shots to finish up. Fun recording fact about Lost In The Jungle Love: the guitar wah was done with a $40 acoustic guitar I bought on the street in the Philippines, in the rain.

Thanks for giving a listen carlgrace.
And your avatar is outrageously badass.
Old 2013-01-14, 16:08

Who wouldn't want to make-fuck with a beautiful Planet such as Earth? Enjoying is a huge, huge, understatement.

It shall be a fun one.

Never forget the children,
Piece and stuff be with you as well, brethren Pocket, Logical
Old 2013-01-14, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMichaelAngelo View Post
Thanks for giving a listen carlgrace.
And your avatar is outrageously badass.
I'm your huckleberry.

Loading SoundCloud…