Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-14, 20:06

Exclamation Sharing reason 6 with a buddy ?

I just purchased a balance so now I don't need the ignition USB key , anyway I have a buddy that I collab with but we are not on the same page because he has reason 3 and I have 6 . Can I let him use my ignition key and have him download reason 6.5 from the website so we can collab and send songs back and forth ?
Old 2013-01-14, 20:24

In a word, no. He'd have to upgrade from 3 to 6.5 to be legal.
Old 2013-01-14, 20:27

So I can't put my reason 6 on his computer ? It's legit I'm not trying to scam anyone it's just so we can make music together
Old 2013-01-14, 20:33

That's an interesting question. Technically you're allowed to install Reason on as many computers as you like, but you're not allowed to run two instances of the same license simultaneously.

But if you have Balance AND an ignition key, it seems Props can't stop you from doing so. Loophole?
Old 2013-01-14, 21:33

It's just that it would be easier if I kept the ignition key at his house that way we don't have to pack up our gear and bring it back and forth . Plus he has a Mac an I have a pc and he has a apogee interface . So that's why I am asking .
Old 2013-01-14, 22:01

The official line - from the EULA:

1.Use of the Software
a. Unless otherwise specified, this license is your personal license and the software may only be used by you.

c. At any given time, you may only use the software on as many computers as your license permits. Unless specifically specified, licenses are single user licenses and may only be used on one computer at a time.
Old 2013-01-14, 22:07

I don't believe you can use both (key and balance), but I am not sure. I think you can activate only one at the time.

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-01-14, 22:09
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrephonic View Post
I don't believe you can use both (key and balance), but I am not sure. I think you can activate only one at the time.
He don't need more than one at the time, while he making track his buddy resting, while his buddy making a track he's resting!
Old 2013-01-14, 22:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrephonic View Post
Actually, owners of Balance and those in possession of an Ignition Key are allowed to authorize both at the same time. The ELUA still prohibits running more than one instance at a time, though, and they are supposed to be in possession of the licensee.
Old 2013-01-14, 22:59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Actually, owners of Balance and those in possession of an Ignition Key are allowed to authorize both at the same time. The ELUA still prohibits running more than one instance at a time, though, and they are supposed to be in possession of the licensee.
So he can lend IK to his friend & use Balance as IK for himself & they could use it back & forth, I mean as I've said in the my previous post!