Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-01-14, 13:53

this Post and the idea behind it, should be supported
Old 2013-01-15, 00:28

Dude You are Mixing your apples and your Oranges !! The Answer to your own dilemma regarding Sounds in Reason not being as good, is in your own post ! ;-)
Read your own quotes :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwill1s View Post
Listen to artists such as Lucky Date (who exclusively use Reason) and you'll hear them make proffesional sounds
Ok I agree he's good ...go on..

Quote:
That said no matter how long I try and work on a patch, or indeed use somebody elses patch I still can't get sounds that are as "big" or clean as what producers get with Sylenth1
OK ...go on..

Quote:
I think the sound design isn't quite as good as some other softwares
Wait what !?

Quote:
I can't see the sound quality being addressed any time soon
What The F ?

If Luckydate creates those sounds with REASON, and you can't make your sounds as big etc.... why is that a Reason Issue and not a user issue ?

You Mention the power of Sylenth1! Sylenth sound design is perfect for the genre of music that you probably like righT. Well that's because of the sound designers not just the Synth !!!

you want proof ? there ya go ..ALL REASON AT WORK

https://soundcloud.com/vengeancesoun...e-sound-com-15

http://therefillshop.com/products/th...-house-dubstep
https://soundcloud.com/luckydaterefi...l-4-demo-click

http://www.loopmasters.com/product/d...inator-Presets

etc..... By the way the one From Vengeance all those patches are "ALL THOR" not a single other rack effect. So where's the sound issue I don't hear it! All I hear is great sound designers !

Last edited by pjeudy; 2013-01-16 at 01:40.
Old 2013-01-16, 09:35

A good synth sounds good even without tones of effects make to make it sound good. I have yet to find a synth in Reason that does exactly that: sound good without effects. Saying that, applying effects can make the Reason synths sound very good and in the end I guess it’s the results that count and not how they were achieved.

And yes, there IS such a thing as "The Reason Sound" absolutely yes. You can recognize it, you can hear when a Scream was applied, you can recognize a Malström synth and even the Reason Piano and string sound banks are recognizable. Is it everybody's cup of tea, certainly not but it’s an option nonetheless
Old 2013-01-16, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensenTNI View Post
A good synth sounds good even without tones of effects make to make it sound good. I have yet to find a synth in Reason that does exactly that: sound good without effects. Saying that, applying effects can make the Reason synths sound very good and in the end I guess it’s the results that count and not how they were achieved.

And yes, there IS such a thing as "The Reason Sound" absolutely yes. You can recognize it, you can hear when a Scream was applied, you can recognize a Malström synth and even the Reason Piano and string sound banks are recognizable. Is it everybody's cup of tea, certainly not but it’s an option nonetheless
What exactly is the "synth" to you? Like the oscillator or what? I guess you just don't see the modulators and effects settings in your hardware cause its some sub-menu... Also, if you only listen to presets you will always hear some sound, namely the preset designers taste.
Old 2013-01-16, 12:22

For me the synth is the oscilators, the filters and the method of synthesis (if any other than analog imitation). Every synth in Reason has its own flavor, the Thor sounds instantly different than the Malström and the Subtractor and even now the PX7, even at very basic settings. Its mostly the filters in the end, I agree but not always (e.g. Malström). I can not make them all sound exactly the same and why would I want to. This is not what I referred to anyway, the subject would be more, what can you do with the sound the synth creates without applying external effects? That is the synthesis I'm talking about.
Old 2013-01-16, 12:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensenTNI View Post
And yes, there IS such a thing as "The Reason Sound" absolutely yes. You can recognize it, you can hear when a Scream was applied, you can recognize a Malström synth and even the Reason Piano and string sound banks are recognizable. Is it everybody's cup of tea, certainly not but it’s an option nonetheless [/COLOR]
But a Scream or a Malstrom doesn't sound like Reason Piano or string sound bank, like there's some inexplicable taint to the sound. So it's not a Reason sound. All your saying is different sound devices sound different. What do you want, a f---ing Nobel prize?
Old 2013-01-16, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsh View Post
But a Scream or a Malstrom doesn't sound like Reason Piano or string sound bank, like there's some inexplicable taint to the sound. So it's not a Reason sound. All your saying is different sound devices sound different. What do you want, a f---ing Nobel prize?
Sure, if you give me the f---ing Nobel prize, I take it

And no, you did not get what I was saying. Do you have a Scream or Malström in any other application than Reason? No. So its a Reason specific device/sound. Because without devices in Reason you will have no sound at all, yes? And the Reason Piano and String soundbanks where recorded for Reason and not Contact or whatever, so they are Reason specific as well. Sure, not the original pianos and strings that were recorded, that of course is not Reason specific. But the soundbacks have their own character. And I did not speak about taint, did I say anything dismissive about the sound? No, I said Reason typical and not in a negative way

Last edited by JensenTNI; 2013-01-16 at 13:34.
Old 2013-01-16, 13:47

Lol I get you now! There is no Reason sound, except Reason makes sounds, and what sounds it does make or offer up in the form of readily accessed settings, pragmatic sound design potential and sound bank presets could legitimately be called Reason sounds, the sum of which could be called the Reason sound. So there is and there isn't a Reason sound. I agree entirely! I'll put the kettle on.
Old 2013-02-06, 23:21

Did this thread happen exactly the same on another forum but with reason and cubase substituted for x and y but the first page was exactly the same ... or am i losing it?
Old 2013-02-07, 03:07

1.) learn how to tweak.

2.) a bad workman blames his tools

3.) evolution of sound

-tyler rae
-lyter era