Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-17, 23:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbragz View Post
Thanks, I appreciate it

thanks for the feedback, to each their own. I'm happy with the mix (the video I did it late last night on an impulse, good enough to get something on youtube). As for the vocals, I think they are pretty forward overall (what monitors did you listen to this on?
Rokit 8s....
Old 2013-01-18, 00:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese View Post
Over 300 Views in one day - not bad. Man, I like it! Sounds like a bit of a cross between influences from The Cure and from Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics. You’ve got good effects on the chorus “.. I should have told you ..” and I like the battle of the synth leads going on in the background.

A darn good mix, no matter what you used. And you know of what you are doing, musically and technically.
thanks a lot, I'm a fan of The Cure and The Eurythmics so thats a great compliment

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTale View Post
Not my music at all, but the mix sound nice and crisp. The vocals do tend to fall to the background a little too much at times.

The video, i think it takes guts to expose yourself like that and sing like that in front of a camera and putting it on youtube for all to see. So kuddo's on that
Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to create a lot of dynamic elements so as to draw the listener from the verse, to the prechorus and chorus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvolt View Post
Rokit 8s....
cool. The rokits are a lot more bass heavy than what I'm using so maybe they could be drowning out the vocals more. I'll have to recheck the mix. I'm using genelecs and audiophile beyer t1 headphones to check my mixes
Old 2013-01-18, 01:28

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbragz View Post
thanks a lot, I'm a fan of The Cure and The Eurythmics so thats a great compliment

Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to create a lot of dynamic elements so as to draw the listener from the verse, to the prechorus and chorus.

cool. The rokits are a lot more bass heavy than what I'm using so maybe they could be drowning out the vocals more. I'll have to recheck the mix. I'm using genelecs and audiophile beyer t1 headphones to check my mixes
I think its just your singing. Its like you need to use more air and get a bigger sound. The presence makes me think you're actually shy. Like maybe you're trying to be somewhat quiet for the neighbors. Let it out. None of this is meant to be an insult either, so don't get too violent. lol. Do you live in an apartment ? =]

Last edited by rVOLT; 2013-01-18 at 01:31.
Old 2013-01-18, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvolt View Post
I think its just your singing. Its like you need to use more air and get a bigger sound. The presence makes me think you're actually shy. Like maybe you're trying to be somewhat quiet for the neighbors. Let it out. None of this is meant to be an insult either, so don't get too violent. lol. Do you live in an apartment ? =]
thanks, I appreciate it. For this song I was going for a laid back, smooth vocal. For other songs, I do belt it out when needed
Old 2013-01-18, 02:01

Your vocals here tend to remind me of The Cure's style.