Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-01-18, 21:29

Question Tracks made with Refill Content

Just recently aquired the Disco School refill and while messing around came across the song starter RNS files,anyway long story,short,I used one of these RNS with an acapella for a remix,just for fun and no intention to release it.Heres the remix for anyone interested...
Loading SoundCloud…

Now a label owner I remix for has heard this remix and has totally re-wrote the lyrical content therefore making it a whole new song,but for the music from the RNS song starter.
My question is would I be allowed to release this,ive found many sort of answers to this but nothing that is an actual,concrete YES or NO answer.If someone could give me a definate answer on this It would be a massive help
Cheers
Julz
Old 2013-01-18, 21:43

When you bought the refill, you should've received a User Agreement that clearly states what you can and can't do with the refill. However since it's a PH product, I wouldn't be surprised if it falls under the Reason End User License Agreement (https://www.propellerheads.se/agreements/#eula):

(1.e.) "The musical examples connected to the Software may NOT be used in any commercial music production- this is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of Propellerhead Software."