Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-01-20, 07:00

Yes, 100% doesn't always correspond with 100% as it should, one simple proof of that is using Filter Env to modulate Filter Freq, it doesn't open the filter completely when the filter is set to min, even when the mod amount is set to max.

The problem is that it's too late to fix it now as it would render all other patches made to this date useless (i.e. they would all sound different) so fixing it is sadly not a realistic option at this point.

One solution for the Filter Freq problem for instance is to use the Filter FM target instead. The FM targets are linear and offer a wider range of modulation compared to the other targets.
Old 2013-01-20, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by danktle View Post
Technically, it is not. Theoretically, sure. Technically no.

I am very much saying that the "maximum" Amount Value of 100 in the Thor Mod Matrix corresponds to 100 out of a possible 127. The last 27 values are missing because it is not mapped correctly. Thus, a redundant mod slot is needed to get the peak value out of the destination you are trying to control. That is the entire point of this thread.
Set Knob 1 of Thor to be output to CV out 1, with the amount set to 100.

It outputs 0-127. Try it yourself. Data coming into Thor, audio or CV, is converted to 32 bit floating-point anyways.

with my band:
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-01-20, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXode View Post
Yes, 100% doesn't always correspond with 100% as it should, one simple proof of that is using Filter Env to modulate Filter Freq, it doesn't open the filter completely when the filter is set to min, even when the mod amount is set to max.

The problem is that it's too late to fix it now as it would render all other patches made to this date useless (i.e. they would all sound different) so fixing it is sadly not a realistic option at this point.

One solution for the Filter Freq problem for instance is to use the Filter FM target instead. The FM targets are linear and offer a wider range of modulation compared to the other targets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kloeckno View Post
Set Knob 1 of Thor to be output to CV out 1, with the amount set to 100.

It outputs 0-127. Try it yourself. Data coming into Thor, audio or CV, is converted to 32 bit floating-point anyways.
Yes, I should have pointed out in my reply as well that it only pertains to internal modulation inside Thor.
Old 2013-01-20, 12:36

...and it doesn't apply to all parameters. For instance 100% of Res is indeed 100% of Res. However, the Filter Freq is not 100% at 100%.