Propellerhead Software
  #21  
Old 2013-01-18, 17:09
chou chou is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaPhilgarlic View Post
I see absolutely no benefit for Reason.
me too

except the headache you will get by wearing one of those VR glasses.

I don't even speak of the disctraction caused by another visual layer added wich make no sense since we make music with ears

There is more room (and also more money to make) with a smart controler with real knobs.
  #22  
Old 2013-01-18, 17:16
JoshuaPhilgarlic's Avatar
JoshuaPhilgarlic JoshuaPhilgarlic is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by chou View Post
except the headache you will get by wearing one of those VR glasses.
Yep, that's No. 2 !
__________________
• MacBook Pro 15'' 2.6 GHz i7 • M-Audio Ozone • Akai EWI USB • Korg nanoSeries • Re-Tron • Predator-RE • Antidote • Bitspeek • Pulsar • Saturation Knob • Echobode • Uhbik A, D, G, P • Polar • Flower Audio Loudness Meter • Shelob • Mordred • PDT2 • Volt CB-1 • Volt SH-1 • Ozone Maximizer • Yoko • Glitch • ReVolt • CV Tuner • CV Suite Line Mixer • CV Suite Line Processor • PCV • RPDistort • Morfin XF Crossfader • Viking • Anansi • Itsy • Stereo Splitter • G8 Gate • Divisor • Polysix • PX7 • Audio To CV • Truth • AutoArp • A-100 Series • WBL5515 • Neutron • Measure • Distributor • Now • Later • Lolth • Volt SL-1 • Charlotte • 4 Phase LFO • Directre • Wbl3001 • Scope Jr • DCAM EnvShaper • BZR-1 • Little LFO • RP-Verb • Equation Bundle • Mingler • Noxious • One-note stand • MonoPoly • Revival • Tick Tick • Randrome Bundle • AutoTheory • CV-8 • Tres • C1-L1 • Red Queen • Parametrix • Parsec • RE 200 • CV Mutant • Ammo 1200BR • Vermilion • PlayGate • TableOscillator • Snakebite • AdditiveOscillator • Module Maker Bundle • EDS06s • Crapre • Synchronous •
Loading SoundCloud…
  #23  
Old 2013-01-19, 00:21
omshanti20 omshanti20 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 755
**********************

Last edited by omshanti20; 2013-05-11 at 09:16.
  #24  
Old 2013-01-19, 13:41
vivadangermouse's Avatar
vivadangermouse vivadangermouse is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 513
TBH I think the concept of seeing a massive spaghetti of cables at the back of my rack in virtual 3D scares me...
  #25  
Old 2013-01-19, 15:49
QVprod's Avatar
QVprod QVprod is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,591
It's little to do with whether or not its possible, as your examples seem to suggest. There were clear benefits to flying and the creation of midi as a standard (btw there were other options before midi, just not as great). As of VR in Reason, many of us just don't see a benefit other than it looking cool.
__________________
Loading SoundCloud…

Website
  #26  
Old 2013-01-19, 19:35
elwoodblues1969's Avatar
elwoodblues1969 elwoodblues1969 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by FogstridEr View Post
RSN in VR is ofcourse something i dont expect to se in the nerest future. Like some one sad. We costumer looking forward for more nessecart updates with all small bugs/issues/lazy dialog with propellerhead and their RE creators etc.

But maybe in 10-20-30 years this coud be a possibility to work around with the music in a cyberworld. Sounds crazy but why not. I like Reason how it is and i stayed a loong time with 3.5 but i have nothing against cozy environment..

Im just dreaming around. Some people telling me to keep it real meanwhile im keep creating wieard music from the future!

You need to be a little bit crazy to be able to think outside the box. Maybe youre to sane to understand my "mad cyber viritual reallity reason program"
Can we please keeps things in perspective here?I know my response is a bit too abrasive for you,but shall I remind you,that this is FEATURE SUGGESTION thread for an AUDIO program,& not some CGI video program??
This is a thread for suggestions,submitted by Reason users,for the purpose of turning ideas into actual future upgrades,as it pertains to audio & practical graphical interfaces...NOT for day dreaming & turning Reason into some "virtual video game" program.

Speaking of video however,if you were requesting to have a video sync function added to Reason,THAT would be realistic,reasonable & not to mention,pragmatic.
  #27  
Old 2013-01-19, 19:38
elwoodblues1969's Avatar
elwoodblues1969 elwoodblues1969 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by omshanti20 View Post
Just for the record - I give a f#ck.

The world needs visionary thinkers (like the OP) - I hope Propellerheads employ him and pay a lot of money. Have a nice day : )
Forgive me...allow me to re-phrase and revise my previous statement; any Reason user that is a real musician with legitimate concerns regarding audio & music making,will not give a f**k about this absurd VR request.
  #28  
Old 2013-01-20, 13:10
omshanti20 omshanti20 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 755
**************************

Last edited by omshanti20; 2013-05-11 at 09:16.
  #29  
Old 2013-01-20, 18:42
elwoodblues1969's Avatar
elwoodblues1969 elwoodblues1969 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by omshanti20 View Post
Forgive you for what Mr. Flat-Earther? Making reactionary statements? Attempting to ridicule someone who dares to think outside the box? Or making up ridiculous and untenable maxims?

Prove to me that you are capable of backing up what you claim: first, post a link to music you've made involving real musicians and music-making and I will provide links to real music made by visionary thinkers. Secondly, please explain why anyone capable of visionary thinking would not be capable of producing real music...what is the logic and evidence to support your claim?

Thank you : )
I don't take anyone as a musician seriously,when they come up with kind of useless shit...virtual reality?Save that for video games,not DAW's...for f**k's sake.
Even FogstidEr himself,admitted that he was only daydreaming about it(& dreaming about VR for DAWS is nothing more than a pipe dream & doesn't belong in the suggestion forum,because it's a fantasy,not a feature suggestion).

If people want to think "out of the box",then they should come up with suggestions that involve features such as video synchronization,upgraded sample players etc.,....you know,things that are musically applicable?Do you get it now?

So VR for Reason is the idea of a visionary thinker?Since VR has nothing to do with music production whatsoever,VR for Reason,is just mental masturbation...not thinking.
If you want to jerk off to the idea of VR for Reason,then have fun...but everyone else here on this forum knows VR has no practical application in Reason,it would be too expensive and that Propellerhead doesn't want any part of it & if you don't believe me,then contact Propellerhead directly & see for yourself.

By the way,I have posted some of my music in the music forum & if you want to check it out,then visit the music forum if you like.

If by some chance,FogstridEr is a musician & a good one,then he is doing himself a terrible disservice,by wasting his time with his absurd fantasies,rather than being visionary enough in his thinking to conjure up something that is actually useful to music production.

This thread has become even more absurd in it's length & has received far more attention then it ever should have and by rights,it should have been posted in the General Forum,rather than here.

This conversion is over for me...over & out.

F**k you very much.
  #30  
Old 2013-01-20, 22:01
omshanti20 omshanti20 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 755
********************

Last edited by omshanti20; 2013-05-11 at 09:17.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Popular Plugins as Combinator Patches NoelGMusic Phead User Forum (read only) 216 2013-09-25 02:12
Why did i buy record?????!!!!!*$ Mathmatech General Forum (read only) 131 2013-01-14 17:02
People just face it; Reason rules again! :) [n/t] eric General Forum (read only) 26 2011-08-02 01:49
How do I solve that factory sound bank thingie? vectro Phead User Forum (read only) 6 2009-05-19 20:11
Musikmesse - any news from the propellerhead booth? -nt electrofux General Forum (read only) 22 2007-03-31 18:25


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:45.