Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-01-20, 20:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSTmusic View Post
I'm sorry but the midi files included, which is the subject here, suck very much.
And the way Reason works with midi file if a joke but not in the "funny" meaning.
You'd better off buying a midi pack and not a "refill" with midis, trust me.
You don't need to use the MIDI files... The sounds there are the interesting bit. Of course, since the OP is looking for MIDI files for drum beats, Google is a great help, but good samples can help trigger inspiration too when one wants to learn to make their own beats.

Last edited by BonezMcCoy; 2013-01-20 at 21:11.
Old 2013-01-20, 21:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSTmusic View Post
I'm sorry but the midi files included, which is the subject here, suck very much.
And the way Reason works with midi file if a joke but not in the "funny" meaning.
You'd better off buying a midi pack and not a "refill" with midis, trust me.
I prefer working with MIDI drum tracks as it allows me to adjust them to my liking and I have no issues doing this in Reason
Old 2013-01-20, 22:20

I did some googling a while back for free drum MIDI patterns and found these https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29097215/MI...%20various.zip

Reason 6.5 file - Various acoustic drum genres, 35 mins worth at 115bpm

http://soundcloud.com/jordanmiller
Old 2013-01-20, 23:45

Groove monkey sell midi loops in a variety of styles and formats. You can also download a lot of free midi file from their site
http://www.groovemonkee.com/en/free-midi
Old 2013-01-20, 23:48

THANKS everyone who posted something to offer. I have this.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nvtjih3oiss2a22/VC40hwCEnI
electro world

zillis is two people (brothers). just so you know.
Old 2013-01-21, 00:19

I'll bite...

I don't use midi files so much, but they are a great way to get some drummy inspiration. My small problem is the silly way Reason inports them, so I've been looking for a good free midi file player to listen to them before import without much success.

Any suggestions?
Old 2013-01-21, 05:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedAgent View Post
I'll bite...

I don't use midi files so much, but they are a great way to get some drummy inspiration. My small problem is the silly way Reason inports them, so I've been looking for a good free midi file player to listen to them before import without much success.

Any suggestions?
Yes:

You get over 3000 MIDIs with the soft - let alone the additional MIDI packs. You can sync to your tempo, halve the speed, double it, etc... and just Drag-n-Drop on a track like Lego blocks. Of course, you need to load this in a DAW that allows VSTs (pretty much anything but Reason) and you can export the track as a .mid and then import it in Reason.

RDK has nice drums, it's just the implementation that sucks (and the provided MIDI files which is ridiculously tiny) because you cannot preview the MIDIs, and when you import them, it loads a new device which you have to delete and move the MIDI clip to the good track.

If you go RDK, it's for the quality of the drums/samples.
If you go down the MIDI road, it's not worth the hassle.