Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-01-20, 03:11

Mute Tool Resolution in Blocks

Is there a way of setting the mute tool resolution when working in blocks? I just want to mute a bar or 2, not the whole lane.
It seems when working normally you can mute a clip but working with blocks the mute tool always mutes the entire lane? Makes no sense to me, is there some logic behind this?
Old 2013-01-20, 03:15

I think there is some confusion here and maybe if you could give some more info and maybe screenshots it would help get the right answer.

Generally the Mute Tool allows you to Mute a Clip. Simple as that. If you want to Mute part of a Clip then you would need to either cut up the Clip with the Razor Tool and then Mute the bits you don't want or when in Song Mode pop an emply clip over the top of the area you want gone. Presto!

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2013-01-20, 14:34

I agree with benedict, you cant mute just a note or 2. Maybe you could make a matrix and make it run every " loop length " and gate the notes out. But then why not just delete the notes in the clip

Last edited by PsyTale; 2013-01-20 at 14:37.
Old 2013-01-20, 19:45

Hey, not sure what the confusion is? I was talking about the difference in behaviour of the mute tool in blocks.
It doesn't just mute the clip, it mutes the whole lane!
Is there a way to adjust this? If not what's the logic behind the difference in behaviour?
Thanks in advance!
Ian
Old 2013-01-20, 21:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by itierney View Post
Hey, not sure what the confusion is? I was talking about the difference in behaviour of the mute tool in blocks.
It doesn't just mute the clip, it mutes the whole lane!
Is there a way to adjust this? If not what's the logic behind the difference in behaviour?
Thanks in advance!
Ian
Dont use the mute tool, just rightclick the clip and choose mute! (BTW i checked it, when im in block mode and choose a clip in a lane it mutes that clip only. (im still on 6.5.2 maybe thats it?)
Old 2013-01-21, 01:45

Props should fix the mute tool for blocks - I had the same problem yesterday and solved with the razor tool as already suggested. Did not try the right click on a clip but it kinda rings a bell.
Old 2013-01-21, 14:26

Some confusion here. Probably my fault. What I mean is when you click on a clip within a block in song mode, it mutes the whole lane. (Yes you can mute an individual clip in the block view but that will do it everywhere )! Still makes no sense to me.