Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-22, 14:47

Go for the Allen Heath unless you can afford the pioneer DJM 400 that is such a fantastic mixer!
Old 2013-01-22, 16:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
The best mixers today, imho, are made by Ecler. The Ecler NUO 2.0 is affordable, built like a tank, has no frills, plus an extra channel that can be used for mics or other audio inputs.

My words! I own one and i'm absolutely happy.
Old 2013-01-23, 05:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
ok , I was thinking about he bpm calculator included for the price but if you use records vinyls rather then cds then the classic old vestax got styll just because it's a legend model !

My brother has this mixer actually... it costs $500. Did you not see how I'm on a tight budget?... you keep suggesting higher priced mixers, of COURSE they'll be better!!

For those pitching in now, while I do appreciate the responses, did you see that I already decided??

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternating.bit View Post
I ask A or B and he introduces C. -.-

Hehe, I've heard of that mixer but it's actually $200 more than the Pioneer and that's going too steep for what I need a mixer for. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Since I've already had the opportunity to play with the A&H Xone 22, I think I'm leaning towards the Pioneer now. I could always return it if I'm not pleased with it, and at least I'd have a benchmark with the Xone 22 to compare it with. I'm also liking the "white" edition...

Old 2013-01-28, 01:02

Well, I like the Pioneer DJM-250! Here's my review:

Old 2013-01-28, 03:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifunk View Post
My best advice would be to visit a DJ shop and try both out. Neither should be disappointing, but sometimes a mixer 'works' the way you like. It will probably come down to a knob, switch or connection in an annoying place ie on the bigger AH mixers the headphone jack is at the bottom but the controls are near the top.
Seriously, this is the best advice. I have gone in so many times thinking I wanted X and walked out with Y because of the first hand experience. If the shop doesn't have it setup, tell them to pull one out of the box. =) I've had piles of products pulled out of boxes before
Old 2013-01-28, 13:28

That is great advice... there is also the method of returning what doesn't work for you.
I took a risk with this Pioneer, I'll admit, but at least I knew what the A&H Xone22 was already like so if I wasn't happy with the Pioneer I would have just returned it and bought another A&H.
Granted, you lose some money with shipping (I do online purchases), but I don't have any music shops nearby.