Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-01-21, 19:38

The 80s are dead. Long live the 80s!

I'm heavily influenced by the 80's. Original monophonic analog synth sound. I think that is pretty obvious when listening to any of my tracks here:

Loading SoundCloud…

Enjoy em all.... :O)
Old 2013-01-21, 20:19

Not just the 80s, you got that 90s dance sound for sure. Horse Spirit has the 90s sound in spades.

Really liked the sound you made for Tempest. While some of the sounds in it are surely 80s you got a modern vibe on it.

Bounce Bounce, however is pure 80s. Love the main bass sound on it. How did you make it?

Your track T had an awesome synth sound in the beginning and then it was totally up to date with some dubstep elements. Loved it!

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-01-21, 23:00

Thanks. I know what you mean. I try and experiment with something new and exciting. But it aways has some 80s in there lol

I suppose i was influenced by the 90s. even if I found that decade a little boring in comparison to the 80s.

Thanks for your comments.
Old 2013-01-22, 11:17

Hi

Yes the sound isn't really 80's in the classic sense but overall I have slight shades of Patrick Cowley which is cool.

I guess Daft Punk are in there in "T" but still that electro-disco vibe.

You need to focus this as a proper album and then seek out the diehard fans of Laser Dance & Space Disco etc. as you'll get takers.

If you want someone to make a different take on a track I'm up for it.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2013-01-22, 16:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whagi View Post
I'm heavily influenced by the 80's. Original monophonic analog synth sound. I think that is pretty obvious when listening to any of my tracks here:

Loading SoundCloud…

Enjoy em all.... :O)
Most of these tunes have an 80's vibe & of course,the synths sound impeccably authentic...but it's all housed in dance music of a later era.

Tempest in particular,would be an authentic 80's song,if it was done in the new wave genre & would sound great with vocals.

Not that these tunes aren't great dance songs-as indeed they are,but I generally prefer new wave.

Absolutely fantastic choice of presets and/or programming and if I may,could I ask you what you programmed & what presets you chose?

Reason I ask,is that some of the presets I don't recognize and I was wondering if you used a particular Refill and/or something from one of the Rack Extensions like Antidote?

I'm seriously considering adding Antidote to my arsenal...
Old 2013-01-22, 23:14

Thanks so much for all the great comments.

I just don't use Reason for my music. I use Reason mostly ReWired into Logic. I use a combo of the following for most of my music:

Logic Studio
Maschine
Komplete 8
My main goto synth now is Lush-101 (bit cpu intensive at times but awesome, hope they do a RE version, but I doubt it)
Reason 6 of course. I mainly use this reWired and create cool rack instruments within a combinator. Recent RE I got was the Arp one, which is cool, and one I will use a lot moving forward.

I will be moving to Pro Tools 10 soon I think. I love Logic, but its getting a bit old in the tooth now, unless they do a Logic 10 soon.

And of course, I am planning on doing totally Reason 6 projects, once I get a little more happy with using its sequencer etc, still learning.
Old 2013-01-22, 23:17

P.S I have a RODE NT2 condenser mic and a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 with awesome pre's. But none of that helps my vocal ability hahaha.

But I can get away with the odd vocal, if I heavily effect it :O)

Would love some good vocals applied to some of my tracks though. Especially female vocals.
Old 2013-01-23, 01:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whagi View Post
Thanks so much for all the great comments.

I just don't use Reason for my music. I use Reason mostly ReWired into Logic. I use a combo of the following for most of my music:

Logic Studio
Maschine
Komplete 8
My main goto synth now is Lush-101 (bit cpu intensive at times but awesome, hope they do a RE version, but I doubt it)
Reason 6 of course. I mainly use this reWired and create cool rack instruments within a combinator. Recent RE I got was the Arp one, which is cool, and one I will use a lot moving forward.

And of course, I am planning on doing totally Reason 6 projects, once I get a little more happy with using its sequencer etc, still learning.
Never used Logic myself(refuse to fork over the large coin for a Mac).Have Komplete 6,but if it weren't for a tech-savvy Presonus forum user that came to my rescue,I would have never been able to install it(NI tech support is useless & had too many issues with software licensing).
In terms of sounds,the only module I found useful,is the Kontakt 4 and as for synths,Reason has NI beat hands down,in my opinion.
I never heard Komplete 8 though,but I'll never go near NI ever again.

I checked out the Lush synth(very impressive)...but as far as I'm concerned,the Fairlight Platinum Refill-as well as the RE's for Reason,have my synth wants well covered.

The only thing that's really missing in Reason 6.5,is that Reason is WAY overdue for an upgraded sample player...but in the interim,I may add Alchemy to my Presonus S1 DAW(really hope there will be a Alchemy RE in the future)....as if that happens,Reason will be my one and only DAW I will ever use.
Old 2013-01-23, 05:50

Hey man...I Likes!!!

Loading SoundCloud…