Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-01-22, 11:47

Bounce MIDI clips with Tails

hi all

would it be possible to select a single, short midi clip (which maybe contains a delay) and export it as an audio file?

I'm working on a game right now that requires audio to be chopped into smaller samples that can be triggered procedurally by the sound engine .. so no long files .. just a whole bunch of 3-4 secs samples..

and I'm wondering what's the best way to render them quick ... Processing Tails included of course..

In Logic there's a Bounce clip with Tails which is exactly what I'd need ... but I just got rid of Logic and trying to find if the few options I needed there are also available in Reason 6.5 .. which I'd love to be my main DAW for videogame soundtracking too from now on..

thanks!
Old 2013-01-23, 01:38

In the file menu just select 'export loop as audio file'. Set your left and right locators to include the effects tail. Job done.
Old 2013-01-23, 13:24

thanks snap!

doesn't work exactly like Logic where you don't need to set the locator for the end tail (it automatically ends the file when the tail is fully over...no matter where the R locator is... suppose it works based on amplitude..as long as it reaches silence it ends the render).. but works for me