Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-01-23, 15:01

Come on Props...movie syncing please

As a new user of Reason 6.5, which i love by the way! It's exactly what so many musicians, producers want; something inspiring instead of the energy sapping Logics, Cubase etc etc (i'm sure they're great tools to some people but i need colour, endless creative options, fun and professional features, which reason does so well.....except for movie syncing!...Hopefully this is on the cards as i'm sure it will make a lot of users very, very, very happy! :-)

Ps. I know there are some basic and more hassle options like ReWire and ReVision for Mac users like myself but let's keep it simple and under one roof if at all possible peoples.
Old 2013-01-23, 16:26

Last edited by omshanti20; 2013-05-10 at 06:41.
Old 2013-01-23, 16:35

movie syncing

If someone made a rack extension that did this, I would buy it in the blink of an eye.
I used to rewire through Ableton Live just to this, but it would be great if Reason did it. A large movie window is not really necessary, so it would not need to be a resource hog. Lets hope a RE developer takes up the challenge. I think there are enough compressors available for anyone now.
Old 2013-01-23, 18:51

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevespall View Post
As a new user of Reason 6.5, which i love by the way! It's exactly what so many musicians, producers want; something inspiring instead of the energy sapping Logics, Cubase etc etc (i'm sure they're great tools to some people but i need colour, endless creative options, fun and professional features, which reason does so well.....except for movie syncing!...Hopefully this is on the cards as i'm sure it will make a lot of users very, very, very happy! :-)

Ps. I know there are some basic and more hassle options like ReWire and ReVision for Mac users like myself but let's keep it simple and under one roof if at all possible peoples.
hey steve!

I understand your need quite well and I too hope for an internal solution in Reason.
Until that happens, jave you checked out this?

http://www.reasonsync.com/ReasonSync.html

ReasonSync (if I understand correctly) is a Remote protocol, that allows you to load up to 15 minutes of video Data in a floating window, and transport it via Reason.
I helped Beta Test it and I was really impressed, by the simplicity of it!
check it out, if you're interested
Old 2013-01-23, 21:59

Would be great to see movie syncing in Reason! Had to rewire Ableton Live some weeks ago to make soundtrack to a short video clip. Was a little too much "overhead" for just writing a score.

Would love to see Reason make me playback video clips in sync with the rest. Show us timecode and frame numbers and I am done :-)
Old 2013-01-23, 22:01

Thanks for the tip. Will look at it!
Old 2013-03-12, 19:29

I was hoping for video support in Reason 7, but hey: Next year we might see Reason 8.
Old 2013-03-12, 19:40

Yes, they can do it too. All they have to do is create a rackmount video screen.
Old 2013-03-12, 19:42
Banned

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html
Old 2013-03-12, 20:11

Exclamation Strange wishes some people have...

Reason is not a video production software, its music production. I dont understand why one would need videosupport in reason and i think the idea is quite weird. Its like asking microsoft to start selling linux, or apple to start selling toilets...