Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-23, 22:04
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbleweed View Post
I did the Record reinstall thing a while back - it takes a lot longer than typing a couple of lines of text!
The good thing is that once the key (or Balance) is done you can use it without any problems even if you upgrade your computer.

Grum.
Indeed, it's changes key state! So your key (dongle) or Balance won't mess up Recycle Bin on any PC/Mac anymore!
Old 2012-09-23, 23:18

Thank you Grum!

Everything is well again, very much appreciate the help.

Did not expect searching for "Reason why Recycle bin not showing deleted files" would actually work. :P

Cheers.
Old 2012-09-23, 23:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonFood View Post
Thank you Grum!

Everything is well again, very much appreciate the help.

Did not expect searching for "Reason why Recycle bin not showing deleted files" would actually work. :P

Cheers.
Always a pleasure to help .
I hope others see my solution as there are other posts that are not quite right (as you discovered). I had to use a combination of two people's instructions to find the correct answer.

The solution should be a sticky.

Grum.
Old 2012-09-24, 04:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbleweed View Post

The solution should be a sticky.

Grum.
I agree, or on one of the ignition key faqs at least.

It would be nice to find that if I ever need a replacement key or for some other reason I get hit with it. I wasn't even aware of it as being an issue until I read this.
Old 2012-09-24, 05:00

Last edited by omshanti20; 2013-05-10 at 06:01.
Old 2012-12-23, 20:42

This is a horrifying risk of data loss! I just spent an hour providing technical support to my father to resolve this bizarre issue. The solution was time consuming, complicated, and required me to proactively research the internet to find the answer. I really do not appreciate this, and the lack of proactive communication from the vendors. The incorporation of copy protection always seems to create a brush fire that grows and grows until paying customers get burned.
Old 2013-01-26, 02:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjerre View Post
""UPDATED WORKING SOLUTION FURTHER DOWN""

Lately I've not been able to see deleted files in the Recycle Bin.
With some googling I found out that the CodeMeter USB-stick overlaps the other hdd's and causing major problems. For instance, you won't be able to restore- or see deleted files in your recycle bin folder.

There should be a solution to this but since a new update to Codemeter removed their "tools > Code Meter Disc Configuration" I have no idea how to fix this problem.

Link to older solution:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8-2448f5e2755c

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this on the web:

I just discovered a working solution!

CodeMeter 4.30 and later
Since CodeMeter Version 4.30, the Disc Configuration tool is no longer available.
But the disk configuration can still be changed by using the cmu32-command line tool:

1.Open your command line console (e.g. Start > Run... and then type cmd)
2.Browse / set the current directory to C:\Program Files\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin
3.Now type the following:

cmu32 -s******** --set-config-disk RemovableDisk

Please replace the ******** with the serial number of your CmStick.
The serial number can be found on the CodeMeter key itself, or open the CodeMeter Control panel for the CmStick’s serial number.

Type Exit to close the command prompt.
Finally unplug and replug the codemeterstick.

To change the setting back, you can use this command line:

cmu32 -s******** --set-config-disk LocalDisk.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This solution should work. A problem though is that when you type C:\Program Files in CMD you will get an error message telling you that: 'C:\Program' is not recognized as a internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

If you know the basics on how to Browse with the 'CD' commands, you will be able to find this with no problem. Remember that the cmu32 might be in another folder and the correct directory should be Program Files <x86>
Thanks very much for this!! I got as far as finding that I needed to change the disk type, but was flummoxed to see the tool no longer provided.

EDIT: I must say, I am blushing a bit to be adding a comment to a thread with such a naughty title.

Ye Olde FishCAM

Last edited by jkheal; 2013-01-26 at 03:12.
Old 2013-03-23, 17:35

Red face

This solution should work. A problem though is that when you type C:\Program Files in CMD you will get an error message telling you that: 'C:\Program' is not recognized as a internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

If you know the basics on how to Browse with the 'CD' commands, you will be able to find this with no problem. Remember that the cmu32 might be in another folder and the correct directory should be Program Files <x86>
[/QUOTE]

What if we don't know the basics on how to browse the CD commands? I'm stuck at this point! Any help would be appreciated!
Old 2013-08-05, 09:48

Reply from the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjerre View Post
""UPDATED WORKING SOLUTION FURTHER DOWN""

Lately I've not been able to see deleted files in the Recycle Bin.
With some googling I found out that the CodeMeter USB-stick overlaps the other hdd's and causing major problems. For instance, you won't be able to restore- or see deleted files in your recycle bin folder.

There should be a solution to this but since a new update to Codemeter removed their "tools > Code Meter Disc Configuration" I have no idea how to fix this problem.

Link to older solution:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8-2448f5e2755c

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this on the web:

I just discovered a working solution!

CodeMeter 4.30 and later
Since CodeMeter Version 4.30, the Disc Configuration tool is no longer available.
But the disk configuration can still be changed by using the cmu32-command line tool:

1.Open your command line console (e.g. Start > Run... and then type cmd)
2.Browse / set the current directory to C:\Program Files\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin
3.Now type the following:

cmu32 -s******** --set-config-disk RemovableDisk

Please replace the ******** with the serial number of your CmStick.
The serial number can be found on the CodeMeter key itself, or open the CodeMeter Control panel for the CmStick’s serial number.

Type Exit to close the command prompt.
Finally unplug and replug the codemeterstick.

To change the setting back, you can use this command line:

cmu32 -s******** --set-config-disk LocalDisk.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above was close but did not work for me so I emailed WIBI-SYSTEMS and they sent me the fix which is as follows :

Open the 'Codemeter command prompt' *this is what was missing above* from Start-Programs-Codememter-Tools-Codemeter Command Prompt. Note the *exe*.

Then type "cmu32.exe -s*enter serial number with dash if has one* --set-config-disk RemovableDisk"

Then remove the codemeter stick and then insert back in.

Done !

Hope this works for others.....drove me mad !
Old 2013-08-05, 15:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by petewoodreason View Post
The above was close but did not work for me so I emailed WIBI-SYSTEMS and they sent me the fix which is as follows :

Open the 'Codemeter command prompt' *this is what was missing above* from Start-Programs-Codememter-Tools-Codemeter Command Prompt. Note the *exe*.

Then type "cmu32.exe -s*enter serial number with dash if has one* --set-config-disk RemovableDisk"

Then remove the codemeter stick and then insert back in.

Done !

Hope this works for others.....drove me mad !
Post number 23 would have done it for you without the madness .

Grum.