Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-26, 05:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by craven View Post
The FL video does look quite good and shows lots of features Reason should also have. However, I don't look back at quitting FL 10 years ago and would rather consider Ableton 9 as my VST host. Right now I try to use Reason as the only DAW.

Was that the drum machine?
Old 2013-01-26, 05:38

Quote:
The FL video does look quite good and shows lots of features Reason should also have. However, I don't look back at quitting FL 10 years ago and would rather consider Ableton 9 as my VST host. Right now I try to use Reason as the only DAW.
Yah the video does look cool but it's just something that I don't plan on using. I dont look back from time to time but I really couldn't do anything about it because I had bought me a mac. I know you can use bootcamp but I wasn't trying to do all that. I demoed Ableton and I like it alot, just didnt dig the sequencer. Im trying to use Reason as my only DAW as well but really need better audio and midi editing features.
Old 2013-01-26, 05:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ahg View Post
Was that the drum machine?
If you talking about the N.I Kontakt player, then no.
Old 2013-01-26, 05:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNB1 View Post
Wow! This is crazy! Thats like having Reason 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 122, Reason xfinity ( not the cable company) for free every time it's released. Humm, make me think a little bit. Maybe a little to much. How in the hell did I not know about this? I think my first love is calling my phone right now. But I have to leave her on hold because i'm with my new baby. BUT, if she doesn't seduce me right with the stuff I want to see, then Im going to have to leave her for my first love which will always seduce me with new toys with out a price.
same here...

- reason is missing advanced midi/audio/automation editing features.
- plus some workflow improvements
- updated racks. some of them are over 10years old and never chanced since then
-> i dont need new RE. just fix some issues of the old racks and improve the sound (!!!!)
- exact value-parameter
- higher resolution(looks terrible and tiny on my 27")

.... list seems to be endless.
Old 2013-01-26, 06:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoerGl View Post
same here...

- reason is missing advanced midi/audio/automation editing features.
- plus some workflow improvements
- updated racks. some of them are over 10years old and never chanced since then
-> i dont need new RE. just fix some issues of the old racks and improve the sound (!!!!)
- exact value-parameter
- higher resolution(looks terrible and tiny on my 27")

.... list seems to be endless.
Yah I kind of fill like we're playing catch up but every time I fill like were almost there, other competitors seem to take a huge leap forward. Then we have to wait years for an upgrade. Then I have to droll over the other competitors features that I fill like we should of had already which is draining. I mean, I don't have to have everything but, lets get competitive with the editing. We got RE's, audio recording, SSL mixer, Blocks, Live sampling, and a few more nice little features. But we need more, and fast. Competition is getting stiff.

Last edited by SNB1; 2013-01-26 at 06:30.
Old 2013-01-26, 19:44

This is what's going to determine my stay with Reason in the next update:

Muting midi notes (Another flexible way to create an arrangement in a non-destructive way.)

Using the razor tool with midi notes (with a faster way to chop long notes into 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 ext)

Display notes on midi notes and piano roll (will make it much faster to transpose notes to different octaves and just other places on the grid.)

The ability to edit multiple midi clips at once. (Will make it much faster to create and edit the harmonic relationship between two or more instruments)

The ability to edit the the beginning of a midi note. ( Which we should of been able to do already. Won't be to excited about this feature but hey come'on.)

Like I stated above, a faster way to chop audio clips into 1/4, 1/8 ext. (Do you know how long it took me just to cut a 4 minute 2 track song into 1/4 notes? Longer then what it should had.)

The ability to create strum chords from midi chords that are at the exact same position.( Just for the mouse musician. Got to show love to them too.)

Ability to add colors to notes. ( I see this being most useful when your editing multiple midi clips just to differentiate between multiple instruments. It will probably be easier just to apply the color of the midi clip to the notes.)

As you can see, these are only 8 workflow enhancements. I highly recommend them.

Last but not least, Open the SDK limitations to developers because we need to be able to copy notes to track from the AutoArp.
Old 2013-01-26, 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNB1 View Post
This is what's going to determine my stay with Reason in the next update:

Muting midi notes (Another flexible way to create an arrangement in a non-destructive way.)

Using the razor tool with midi notes (with a faster way to chop long notes into 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 ext)

Display notes on midi notes and piano roll (will make it much faster to transpose notes to different octaves and just other places on the grid.)

The ability to edit multiple midi clips at once. (Will make it much faster to create and edit the harmonic relationship between two or more instruments)

The ability to edit the the beginning of a midi note. ( Which we should of been able to do already. Won't be to excited about this feature but hey come'on.)

Like I stated above, a faster way to chop audio clips into 1/4, 1/8 ext. (Do you know how long it took me just to cut a 4 minute 2 track song into 1/4 notes? Longer then what it should had.)

The ability to create strum chords from midi chords that are at the exact same position.( Just for the mouse musician. Got to show love to them too.)

Ability to add colors to notes. ( I see this being most useful when your editing multiple midi clips just to differentiate between multiple instruments. It will probably be easier just to apply the color of the midi clip to the notes.)

As you can see, these are only 8 workflow enhancements. I highly recommend them.

Last but not least, Open the SDK limitations to developers because we need to be able to copy notes to track from the AutoArp.
thumbs up - thats what i want too..
this would be so much win and a huge step forward for reason!
on the other hand is this standard in many other daws. i agree with you - i dont want miss this things in the next update or i have to leave my fav daw

Last edited by SoerGl; 2013-01-26 at 19:54.
Old 2013-01-26, 20:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoerGl View Post
thumbs up - thats what i want too..
this would be so much win and a huge step forward for reason!
on the other hand is this standard in many other daws. i agree with you - i dont want miss this things in the next update or i have to leave my fav daw
Yes indeed. Before i know they even had it in other daw, I was already trying to figure out how to do it in Reason since Reason is full of tricks. Then when I found out that I couldn't do it, then I thought well maybe this couldn't be done in other daw. But heck naw, most daw had some of these for years already. I want these feature not necessarily because other daws have it but because I was already trying to figure out if this was possible to do in Reason before I know other daws had it. I think we all can benefit for these feature. I think if I have these, I will be happy with Reason for years to come with the addition to RE's.
Old 2013-01-26, 22:01

Quote:

Looks like FL will win the top DAW again this year,some of the coldest beats are made on FL. That's all them young cats coming up in the south use,the features they have for chopping and editing audio or midi brings in all that hip hop,dubstep and dance music money. Drag and drop,advanced piano roll got me really thinking about giving it a harder try. I see people saying Live 8-9 is colder but as a person on the outside looking in FL looks more advanced. Would like to hear someone do a comparison of the two.
Old 2013-01-26, 22:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant View Post
Looks like FL will win the top DAW again this year,some of the coldest beats are made on FL. That's all them young cats coming up in the south use,the features they have for chopping and editing audio or midi brings in all that hip hop,dubstep and dance music money. Drag and drop,advanced piano roll got me really thinking about giving it a harder try. I see people saying Live 8-9 is colder but as a person on the outside looking in FL looks more advanced. Would like to hear someone do a comparison of the two.
Cold is the new hot?