Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-22, 16:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthijssen View Post
Nice, sounds really well produced!

One thing though in the first track, I don't "get" the short break (0:49-0:57). Maybe if it were a little longer or had some rythmic elements / a buildup...
Thanks for listening The tracks are designed to be radio or TV beds (music for DJs or presenters to speak over etc). Because of that each track has a strict time limit (2 minutes) and must also contain several short builds, with new instrumentation added after each. That's why it sounds the way it does Of course, if it was a full length track the buildups and breakdowns would be much more developed, and much longer. I also wouldn't have a breakdown/buildup after only 50 seconds!

Airwave & Avatar One - Chase Childhood Monsters - out now on J00f Recordings Listen/Buy on Beatport
Old 2013-01-27, 12:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarOne View Post
Yes, this track was made in Studio One. However, as you can see, I have almost 1000 posts on this forum, and have been using Reason since 2003. I make music using different programs, and at the moment I'm using Studio One a lot. A lot of my music I produce using a combination of DAWs (I'll Rewire Reason into Studio One etc.) I have released tracks on labels which were entirely made in Reason. Unfortunately the Studio One forums are pretty dead, and I feel part of this community, so I post stuff here, even if it's not all made in Reason.

Thanks
Sounds good
Old 2013-01-27, 12:23

Nice mix. 2 minutes is a bit short but this is cool. Could do 4 minutes version with vocals.
Old 2013-01-27, 12:57

I think it sounds really good and very suitable for a TV show kind of thing.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth