Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-01-28, 01:31

need advice on what to buy

i have an mbox 2 pro and i wanna upgrade from reason 4 to 6.5 ... but does it make sense to get balance or just pay for the upgrade .. and what a good mic pre for the at 20 20
Old 2013-01-29, 06:36

maybe you should ask your question in the user forum
Old 2013-02-01, 08:26

I'm in the same position (have Reason 4.0, thinking of upgrading to 6.5). I've heard good things from some people here, but that's also to be expected since these forums contain active Reason users.

So... Buller? Buller? Or, well, it doesn't have to be Buller. Anyone's thoughts would be welcome.
Old 2013-02-01, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencolbert5 View Post
I'm in the same position (have Reason 4.0, thinking of upgrading to 6.5). I've heard good things from some people here, but that's also to be expected since these forums contain active Reason users.

So... Buller? Buller? Or, well, it doesn't have to be Buller. Anyone's thoughts would be welcome.
Well as this thread doesn´t seem to move I recommend upgrading to Reason 6.5. Besides the RE-possibilities, the SSL-Mixer does a very good job and is worth the upgrade alone.

Audio-In/Audiotracks are an essential new feature combined with sampleediting, timestretching and tempoautomation. You also got the Re-groove mixer and Blocks besides additional Sequenceroptions like the transposefunction, fast Fade-In/Out/Amplitude possibilities, Automationcurves with eventpoints (like keyframeediting in video software).

Then there also are the new devices: The Echo, Pulveriser, Alligator, Kong and Neptune, ID-8, Line 6 Guitar Amp and Bass Amp.
Can´t remember wether Dr.Rex was already Dr.Octorex in version 4.0.

So even if your not interested in RE´s there are plenty of very useful additions.

Last edited by moofi; 2013-02-01 at 10:02.
Old 2013-02-01, 12:33

In my opinion Reason's only handicap in the past was not having the ability to record audio, obviously an essential need for music with vocals or any live instruments. It depends on your songwriting needs, but I think that's plenty reason (haha) to upgrade.

Old 2013-02-01, 14:48

Wink

There is a learning curve on the SSL. It took me awhile to get used to it, but after that, you find that there is so much more you can do with it. You still have the 14:2 for building Combi's, so that's a plus!
Old 2013-02-01, 15:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICIROYAL View Post
i have an mbox 2 pro and i wanna upgrade from reason 4 to 6.5 ... but does it make sense to get balance or just pay for the upgrade .. and what a good mic pre for the at 20 20

I've been using balance now for about 3 months and I'd have to say it definitely is worth the extra moolah for the extra production avenues it opens up. In my case not having decent recording hardware was becoming a real barrier. Balance has allowed me to breach that obstacle whilst providing the helpful clip safe feature which is massively handy if you've not done much recording before.

It probably really depends on what you intend to do with the software, but if you have any inclination that you'll want to do live recording then balance is probably the best way to go.

SC: https://soundcloud.com/dubious

If you want to collab, reach me at:
alacey1989@hotmail.com
https://twitter.com/LogicalPocket

Logical Pocket - Music fueled by biscuits.