Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2011-10-12, 17:09
Propellerhead

It was CardBus / PC Card (i.e. 32-bit PCMCIA), I used a Zonet ZUN2200.
I expect Express Card to be equivalent, USB2 certainly doesn't need the bandwidth.
Old 2011-10-12, 17:33

I see. I will be using Express Card. I think Card Bus is able to supply more power than Express Card. I will just need to try it out I guess.

Do you know the power draw the balance has on a USB port?
Old 2011-10-12, 17:47
Propellerhead

No precise number available, but it's probably going to be pretty close to the maximum of USB 2.0. (500 mA, or "five unit loads").
Old 2011-10-12, 20:45

Well I managed to get this to work. bus-powered off an express card just fine. However, the headphone channel is completely clean, however if I connect my KRK monitors to the unit, I just get LOADS of noise. Like digital computer noise. Not dropouts. Just constant noise? Anyone have any ideas?
Old 2011-10-12, 23:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudharbormusic View Post
I did everything right! But as soon as I connect balance via usb, the drivers begin installing and then my computer crashes. It's a brand new Vaio, so its definately not a computer hardware problem.
Hi,

I had the exact issue.
After the computer restarted the lights were on the mic inputs of balance so I thought it was OK.
However - I could not choose balance asio in reason or see it in control panel.
I ended up with windows telling me there were no drivers for balance installed but when I updated the driver with the drivers on the DVD it said they were already installed!
The instructions with balance re installation are not correct - it prompted me to install balance DMF! so I did.

I ended up uninstalling the balance DMF ( or whatever it was called) and then I was able to update (via control panel - system - devices) the balance drivers from the DVD and everything works!

Hope this helps!

DK
Old 2013-01-26, 16:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudharbormusic View Post
I did everything right! But as soon as I connect balance via usb, the drivers begin installing and then my computer crashes. It's a brand new Vaio, so its definately not a computer hardware problem.
mine is doing the same thing I have a reasonably new dv6 pavilion with i7 intel core so it should not be a spec issue ... really frustrating as I have waited weeks to get my hands on this product and now its arrived I cant use it
Old 2013-01-28, 12:03
Propellerhead

iffydj: If your computer crashes as you attach Balance or other USB audio 2.0 interfaces, you may be running something called USB Filter, which has known bugs that cause computer crashes.

Regular way to uninstall USB Filter:
http://www.smartdongle.com/remove-am...stall-manager/

If the regular way fails, here is the manual way:
http://www.smartdongle.com/manual-re...filter-driver/

Have you downloaded the latest drivers for Balance on Windows?

https://www.propellerheads.se/downlo...alance-drivers
(propellerheads.se -> Search -> Balance driver)

Send us a support e-mail to get help directly.