Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-30, 00:17

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict View Post
Ok my bad as there were a couple of REs lurking in there and the Morphon Crossfader in the Master Combi would have killed it for you.

This should work just like a bought one now.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6869239/House%20Demo.reason

1. I FINALLY figured out what was causing the compression which I was complaning about - and you guys couldn't hear. It's my HP laptop, and the Beats Audio (audio drivers) that are causing this problem. There's thousands of people complaning about it online. I submitted a request to HP - let's see if that Helps. Oh wait, I work at HP, i'm going to walk over to my tech support guys and see what they have to say.

2. Benedict - Really enjoyed your arrangements. I saw how you were breaking things up using the Marker track. That inspired me to start setting my sequencer into Song mode with 4/8/16 bars for each section of a song (Intro, Verse 1, Pre-Chorus, Chorus, Verse 2, Bridge, Chorus, Chorus, Outro). This is actually pushing me to think beyond "Creating the perfect beat."

So based on this, I'm actually progressing in the song creation process.

3. I read what you had written regarding how I was setting up my synths and combi's. So now what I am doing - which I believe you were telling me is:
a) Create a instrument/synth
b) Create FX
c) Create FX (if required)
d) repeat b-c as required

This way, I still have my main instrument sitting at the top of the chain, and I can add as many FX's as I like. And I have to say, I love these pre-created FX's. Oh man, lets you really focus on making music rather than trying to get the sound to be fat etc... Specially helps cause now I don't need to be a sound engineer, rather focus on making songs.

Okay - enough for now.

Now time to open up the Demo songs and study what they are doing