Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-30, 02:39
luisherno

Can I buy only Reason 6 Update if my copy of R5 is not original?

Hi.
Some time ago I downloaded Reason 5 because someone recommended it to me, with the purpose of trying it before I buy it. It came with a serial number and works fine. But now that I have used it for a while, I'm a big fan of the product and I'm interested on buying it. The question is, can I just buy the update even if the copy of Reason 5 is not original or I have to buy the whole version, which is like 4 times more expensive than the 1st option??? Does anyone in this forum have a similar case?? Hope you can help me. Greetings from Mexico and sorry for my bad english

Last edited by luisherno; 2013-01-30 at 02:41. Reason: I wrote something wrong
Old 2013-01-30, 02:45

You can only upgrade a legit version of reason.

The first time you buy Reason, you have to buy a full version, which gives you a full/base license.

the upgrade license is linked to the original base license.

what you can do is look on ebay and other sources, including posting here, to purchase any older version of reason...once you own a legit older version, you can purchase the upgrade.

before you set out to purchase a used copy of reason, i suggest you read both the buying and selling sections at this link: https://www.propellerheads.se/suppor...ion=buyandsell

with a little effort, you should be able to get a used copy of an older version of reason.

good luck.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-01-30, 06:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
You can only upgrade a legit version of reason.

The first time you buy Reason, you have to buy a full version, which gives you a full/base license.

the upgrade license is linked to the original base license.

what you can do is look on ebay and other sources, including posting here, to purchase any older version of reason...once you own a legit older version, you can purchase the upgrade.

before you set out to purchase a used copy of reason, i suggest you read both the buying and selling sections at this link: https://www.propellerheads.se/suppor...ion=buyandsell

with a little effort, you should be able to get a used copy of an older version of reason.

good luck.
With a little effort, OP can also get a copy of Reason 6/6.5 for $200-250.

I've seen 4-5 sellers in the past few days between here & KVR.
Old 2013-01-30, 12:13

You should be able to buy an older legit license of Reason (1-5) for relatively cheap on eBay. You can then get the Reason 6 upgrade.

Alternatively, you can also buy a full Reason 6 license second hand (can be found for $ 200).

Also consider the student version of Reason if you're still a student (or have a close relative who is a student).