Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-28, 21:10

Post My latest electro track (need feedback)

Since i dont have much followers, i would really appreciate it if you could take some time to listen to my new song and give me some feedback. And please be honest
Thanks a lot!!
http://soundcloud.com/freschproducti...ctions-crawler
Its a free download track by the way, so feel free to get it if you enjoyed.
Old 2013-01-28, 22:01

Well,
sounds good in first place. I think the drums might need a bit more punch. Plus the bass is too low, I miss some more boom on the bass. Arrangement is fine, but I was waiting for a hookline...

honestly
.j
Old 2013-01-28, 22:07

Thanks a lot for taking your time and giving me some critizism. I really appreciate it...
Merk grad das du deutscher bist Also vielen Dank für die ehrliche Meinung, ich werd auf jedenfall an den genannten Aspekten arbeiten.
Old 2013-01-29, 22:06

Okay i'll be brutally honest with you...

The intro and main melody sound very friendly with some nice synth sounds going on. Doens't sound like electro to me though. The buildup to the drop around 1:19 is too short and weak, you need to create a bigger contrast here.

But then there's the bass synth starting at the drop which also appears between 0:12-0:34... it's awful! It sounds like a squelching pig. Sonically, it has nothing to do with the rest of the track and the timing sounds off in several places.

So I'd suggest

1) Loose that bass sound and don't try to make the track sound "tough" with a formant like bass because the rest sounds quite nice. Perhaps go with a more traditional saw wave bass.

OR

2) Make it a heavier track by ditching the nice sounds and melody and work on better formant growl type noises. This is in my experience the harder way because you'll probably want to build a progression of several different sounds that need to sound big and varied as well as work together as one! Check out Youtube for some good tutorials on FM basses, you can make those with Thor.

I haven't spared you but I hope it helps! Getting compliments is nicer, I know... but honest critique is rare. Check out my track below and feel free to comment as you see fit!

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYLAy9hbzLU
Old 2013-01-30, 17:26

Getting compliments is great, but getting some honest critique is so much more helpful.
Thanks very much for taking your time and even giving me tips on how to improve my sounds. Seems like you really know what you are talking about.
Old 2013-01-30, 17:43

I liked it as it is, if you'd add vocals it could be perfect for lot of the dance radios. Good stuff!
Old 2013-01-30, 18:36

Its cool but the burping is a bit excessive lol