Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-31, 01:13

unintended parameter automation problems (reason has a mind of its own)

Hey does anyone have any issues with parameter automations occurring on their own without the user's control? I've been having this issue a lot lately, but only when a midi controller is connected to the software. However, the particular midi controller doesn't seem to be the culprit because I've tried other controllers and the same unintended automations occurred.
Old 2013-01-31, 01:54

Maybe one the shift keys on you keyboard is a little flaky?

Ye Olde FishCAM
Old 2013-01-31, 03:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkheal View Post
Maybe one the shift keys on you keyboard is a little flaky?
Is that on mac? I know on windows it's alt-click that creates a new automation lane.
Old 2013-01-31, 04:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound View Post
Is that on mac? I know on windows it's alt-click that creates a new automation lane.
I'm on Windows, and if (in record mode) I hold down the shift key while moving a device knob with the mouse, Reason records animation for the knob. So I was thinking that maybe sqkblue's keyboard had a sticky shift key that was inadvertently stuck in the ON postion sometimes, leading to ghostly animation.

Ye Olde FishCAM
Old 2013-01-31, 04:17

Quote:
I'm on Windows, and if (in record mode) I hold down the shift key while moving a device knob with the mouse, Reason records animation for the knob. So I was thinking that maybe sqkblue's keyboard had a sticky shift key that was inadvertently stuck in the ON postion sometimes, leading to ghostly animation.
Oh I actually don't think you have to hold shift for that
Old 2013-01-31, 04:40

Quote:
Reason 6.5.3 • A computer • Other stuff • Virtually no talent and/or skill
lol. just noticed your sig. brilliant! ;-)

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-01-31, 11:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound View Post
Oh I actually don't think you have to hold shift for that
Uhh ... OK, I see that now (embarrassed emoticon which I don't know how to make.)

What's the point of the Alt-Click, then, if simply moving a knob while recording will create the animation lane anyway?

Ye Olde FishCAM
Old 2013-01-31, 14:01

with the alt-click you can create an automation lane in the sequencer and start drawing automation with your mouse. I use it quite often if I know already how the automation shall look like. Both ways are fine though.
Old 2013-01-31, 14:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by craven View Post
with the alt-click you can create an automation lane in the sequencer and start drawing automation with your mouse. I use it quite often if I know already how the automation shall look like. Both ways are fine though.
OK. Makes sense.

Ye Olde FishCAM
Old 2013-01-31, 16:28

Quote:
Uhh ... OK, I see that now (embarrassed emoticon which I don't know how to make.)
it's a colon and lower-case "o"