Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-30, 21:06

On a personal level, I really want Propellerhead to care about one main thing, and that's the ability to type in values instead of having to work those dials and sliders. See, that's a simple request.
Old 2013-01-30, 21:12

I honestly believe that Propellerhead is actually, first and foremost, an entertainment company.

We pay them for a tool that helps us get shit done, yeah, but we also pay them to show us what they got next up their sleeve. We pay them to give us fun times with a visual, boingy-cable-filled virtual rack.

They are not a service company. They are an entertainment company. To a certain extent, they're going to do what they feel like, and hope it catches on / market the shit out of it.
Old 2013-01-31, 01:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict View Post
Of course they care.
What he said. Bravo.
Old 2013-01-31, 01:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdrtldg View Post
Propellerhead do not care. They read your requests for VST support & midi out, throw their heads back and laugh. It's a cold, indifferent universe. There is no Santa Claus. The electoral system is rigged. Diet Coke has exactly the same sugar content as regular Coke. You're adopted.
AND, your cat really and truly does not care if you live or die.

Ye Olde FishCAM
Old 2013-01-31, 01:26

They care alright. Recently I emailed them to ask when they were going to introduce VST support. They replied with an invitation to come over to their place for dinner. This turned out to be a huge mansion in the countryside, a bit like the Playboy Mansion only with hotter women. Props plied me with fine food and wines, plus live entertainment from a host of internationally acclaimed artists specially flown in for the evening. At the end of it all, I was pretty drunk, so they invited me to stay the night - and I was offered my pick of the three hottest girls. Next morning when I got home & opened Reason, I discovered I now had VST support as well as midi out, dozens of REs and a fine new updated sequencer. Later I found they had also transferred all their money into my bank account.

So it would appear the problem lies with you.
Old 2013-01-31, 01:43

Quote:
... At the end of it all, I was pretty drunk, so they invited me to stay the night - and I was offered my pick of the three hottest girls...
Well, then to hell with the VSTs, the REs, MIDI-Out and all of their money. I'd say you did just fine as is.
Old 2013-01-31, 03:47

Quote:
It's a cold, indifferent universe. There is no Santa Claus. The electoral system is rigged. Diet Coke has exactly the same sugar content as regular Coke. You're adopted.
This just made me laugh hard enough that various fluids were expelled from my face

Got a paper towel?
Old 2013-01-31, 04:58

I don't know about props caring about *our* wants...but I know they care about *my* wants because I already have Reason 7

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-01-31, 05:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
I don't know about props caring about *our* wants...but I know they care about *my* wants because I already have Reason 7
Only 7? pshh...

I have the propellercopter.
Old 2013-01-31, 09:51

I think they care . Example : nearly everybody screamed for audio in/rec. since Reason 1.0 , they listen very well aaaaaand boooom : in Reason 5.0 we got audio in/rec. !
It's maybe not as fast as other companys , but muuuuuuuch better ...
O.K. - that was a little bit sarcastic , but seriously - I love the way they working and I love their stuff and I'm tired of all that moaning : "I need this and I need that , because I can't work without it ... " . It's so stupid . I had made music with a 4track tape recorder and much fun with this tool too ... if you got no ideas or creativity , no software can help you and otherwise - one of the best songs happend with very limited equipment ... mmmh , you young padawans got no patience (...and I was exactly like you)

Last edited by helmutson; 2013-01-31 at 10:00.