Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-30, 19:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBom View Post
You can sort this easily by adding enough distortion to both vocals

And with enough I mean a LOT!
Lol Yeah, i'm sure there will be a point where it's really hard to tell who's who with enough distortion but probably also what's being said haha
Old 2013-01-30, 22:42

That's a powerful vocal from Julianna! Nice track Dave, sounds good.
Synth Rock
Old 2013-01-30, 23:29

Thanks man! Appreciate you checking it out. Indeed a brilliant vocal by Julianna
Old 2013-01-30, 23:34

Wink

Very well put together track!
Old 2013-01-30, 23:58

Thanks for the feedback Tony! Appreciate it alot. Glad you like it

On a sidenote, i just went thru your SC page and i noticed i missed a bunch of tracks from you. Great work man. You just always bring the funk man. I can't stop listening
Old 2013-01-31, 09:20

Wow ' this actually supprised me a little bit ' The quality of the mix is really very good , a very warm & deep sound through-out the "whole track ' No easy task ' unless you clearly know exatly what you are doing ! So Big up to Julianna Mc D ' & Rasmus Destructo for their superb input & of course yours Dave ' i asumme The Kit/ Bass/Pianos/ + & Mix . Freakin Great exmple of Reasons Gift ' if tapped carefully ! O & 1 other thing , see that little bit of Julianna's voice you pushed up the octaves at 17 secs too 21 secs ' i really think you should bring it back perhaps two maybe three more times ' The second time i thought that little High vocal note should of appeared is 1.17 secs ISH ??? & respectively at the other 2 DROPS ! Sorry had to point that out ' its a Golden Nugget i did listen to the track 3 times on the trot .
Old 2013-01-31, 18:19

Talking

Thanks for the detailed feedback and the complements man! Appreciate it alot. Glad you like the track. I'm responsible for the beat, bass, mix and the first rap I really like the overall sound alot too. It took quiet some time to get there. I think i've been working on this track for a few months on and off in total. Getting back to it and changing the mix as soon as new elements like the vocals were added. I'm always mixing while a track grows. Alot of people will first compose the track and then mix but i like to have it nicely mixed thruout that process too. I think it will give the vocalists a better vibe to do a better performance I didn't alter Julianna's vox in any way really. All i did was EQ and compress it a bit to fit the tone of the track, then added reverb and delay and that's it I really like to leave vocals as natural as possible and especially with a singer as good as Julianna. I do get what you mean with that part coming back more thruout the song. I'll throw it into the group and see what the rest thinks
Old 2013-01-31, 21:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpPropellaed View Post
Wow ' this actually supprised me a little bit ' The quality of the mix is really very good , a very warm & deep sound through-out the "whole track ' No easy task ' unless you clearly know exatly what you are doing ! So Big up to Julianna Mc D ' & Rasmus Destructo for their superb input & of course yours Dave ' i asumme The Kit/ Bass/Pianos/ + & Mix . Freakin Great exmple of Reasons Gift ' if tapped carefully ! O & 1 other thing , see that little bit of Julianna's voice you pushed up the octaves at 17 secs too 21 secs ' i really think you should bring it back perhaps two maybe three more times ' The second time i thought that little High vocal note should of appeared is 1.17 secs ISH ??? & respectively at the other 2 DROPS ! Sorry had to point that out ' its a Golden Nugget i did listen to the track 3 times on the trot .
Yeah! Where's the remix, Dave?!?!? LOL!
www.soundcloud.com/juliannamcduffie
Old 2013-01-31, 21:29

Haha I can't say it hasn't crossed my mind to have this remixed at one point lol. But not yet haha