Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-02-01, 06:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTANCILL View Post
when I purchased Record and then Reason 6.5 I was led to beleive that the Mixer was modeled on an SSL mixer......they never said just the EQ and filters,........I do not feel cheated but I was suggesting that it might be a nice feature to include in Reason 7 a full signal path mixer option......if that is possible....that's all.
Led to believe by whom?

"modeled on" does not equal exact representation.

Did they take away your ability to try the demos before you made your purchase?
Old 2013-02-01, 06:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMOMs View Post
Why would you want to have Send faders instead of knobs? can you mock up how exactly you envision it? I haven't seen Send faders on any console I've seen (not ever so many).
The SSL takes up too much vertical space as it is. Rotating a 1920x1080 monitor 90 degrees to use as a dedicated mixer monitor still doesn't provide enough space.

Turning all the send knobs into faders would make each channel way too tall. You'd spend more time scrolling than you would adjusting the faders.
Old 2013-02-01, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopoldStotch View Post
The SSL takes up too much vertical space as it is. Rotating a 1920x1080 monitor 90 degrees to use as a dedicated mixer monitor still doesn't provide enough space.

Turning all the send knobs into faders would make each channel way too tall. You'd spend more time scrolling than you would adjusting the faders.
I think you're right. Send faders make no sense to me, still I'd love to see a mockup of that...
The SSL IMO is fine as is. I mean yeah I have to scroll up and down even on my 27" imac, but the faders are always at the ready, when the mixer window is detached. and usually I don't adjust more than one parameter at once
If they change anything on the mixer, I hope it's in order to create grouping ability. I've seen an SSL 4000G console and for grouping, it had eight little grey knobs below each level fader, so you could group them like that.
Old 2013-02-01, 14:24

Just give me mix/group busses and i'll be fine.

The work around for creating busses is time consuming and uninspiring.
Old 2013-02-01, 16:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainfaced View Post
Just give me mix/group busses and i'll be fine.

The work around for creating busses is time consuming and uninspiring.
And what keeps me from doing it now is knowing that one day groups and bussing must come to reason, and I'll just have to redo everything the right way when that happens.
Old 2013-02-01, 18:32

I actually agree with a few of the points the OP is making. The compressor is incredibly nasty, downright glitchy with clicks and pops and unresponsive metering. Especially in peak mode it sounds like a bad digital compressor. I have the Waves SSL models and they sound wonderful so I'm not sure why the Reason SSL should sound any different. Though I do like the Bus compressor and the EQ. The EQ is does not sound or behave like an analog EQ (just compare it to Softube Trident), but the curves are musical and I love the E-mode.
What I really would like to see in Reason 7 are groups, bus channels and cross-talk emulation. It would be pretty awesome if they added a Neve channel as an option - lovely compressor.