Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-02-01, 21:28

I too for the past few months have been carefully considering a good portable recorder to buy, the zoom h4n did cross my mind but was not completely ideal for me, one turn off being it needed batteries, the only point I felt drawn to was that it could take 1/4 jack.

After doing research and looking for something I thought would suit all my needs I decided on the Tasmac DR 100 MKII. (full list of specs here: http://tascam.com/product/dr-100mkii/)

This has both rechargeable batteries as well as allowing both regular batteries, which the device will switch to for back power in case the rechargeable ones die which ensures you have backup power. I don't think has so many internal features as the H4N which I think has loads of built in effects and 4 track recording, this one is a bit more simpler but by no means no greater, and seems like a very solid and easy to use portable recorder to meet pretty much most needs.

I would recommend looking into it, although I have not yet purchased it, i'm buying it in a week or two.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:06

Just an update—I bought the H4n the other day and couldn't be happier =)

Now, I'm purchasing some accessories for it such as a furryhead windscreen and shockmount. Very pleased with all of the features and quality. And it can be a usb bus powered interface/mic!
Old 2013-03-26, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyluck View Post
Just an update—I bought the H4n the other day and couldn't be happier =)

Now, I'm purchasing some accessories for it such as a furryhead windscreen and shockmount. Very pleased with all of the features and quality. And it can be a usb bus powered interface/mic!

Ive had a H4N for a fair few years and it is great (agree with the handling issue) As for windshields I have this one and it really is excellent.

http://www.redheadwindscreens.com/

Also a good bit of fun with the H4N is to go to the reverse effect and get a few friends to speak into it, hear the reversed words and then repeat them reversed to see if they can get it to make sense re-reversed
Get some very weird stuff coming out of the H4N