Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-02-02, 09:02

Editing Individual Slices in Recycle?

Is it possible to edit individual slices in Recycle or is it really only for creating slice points for Dr. OctoRex and Kong use?

I want to be able to edit individual slices within Recycle (e.g., Lo Cut on slice 2 only and longer Attack on slice 5 only). If I can't do these simple types of edits, then I don't think Recycle would be for me. I've read lots of reviews on Recycle, but none mention anything about editing one slice and not another.

Thanks!
Old 2013-02-02, 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by motuman View Post
Is it possible to edit individual slices in Recycle or is it really only for creating slice points for Dr. OctoRex and Kong use?

I want to be able to edit individual slices within Recycle (e.g., Lo Cut on slice 2 only and longer Attack on slice 5 only). If I can't do these simple types of edits, then I don't think Recycle would be for me. I've read lots of reviews on Recycle, but none mention anything about editing one slice and not another.

Thanks!
This is not something you do in ReCycle, but in OctoRex. The effects possible in ReCycle are global and affect all slices; for individual slice handling, you load a REX file in OctoRex and tweak it with the knobs in the waveform display. I don't think you can affect the individual attack for a slice, but you can affect filtering and a number of other parameters for each slice.

Old 2013-02-02, 16:33

Thank you very much for your response!

I hope propellerhead updates Recycle in the near future with loads of new features and integrates it into Reason. I've been looking to get myself a used copy of Recycle somewhere for a long time, but keep striking out. Even the cheapest new copy (Academic) on eBay is kind of pricey considering Recycle's limitations in this day and age.