Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-02-02, 17:03

Question Is it just me or are they raising the prices of Rack Extensions?

I can see from older posts the buffer was 50$, now its like 80. also I believe predator was 100 when released, now 120. can anybody explain this? Seems like they are raising the priced based on how popular the product is, which does not sit well with me. I had Reason 5 illegally for a year or two, then I wanted to be a part of the community and shelled out 400$ for it and am proud to support a company that has such fantatic and neat products, but for some reason I feel like jipped when I see how cheap some of these were less than a few months ago and now are 20-30% more expensive. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it, I could just be plain wrong and not know what I am talking about, but my assumptions are drawn from older thread posts and online magazine reviews. Thanks
Old 2013-02-02, 17:06
Banned

Those were just intro prices!
Old 2013-02-02, 17:24

Intro prices eh? Well looks like I missed the boat!! BTW I LOVE that you can try these products, no restrictions, for 30 days. How else would I know if I want to drop 120 on the predator without that. And now I know that I would totally drop 120, maybe even 150 on predator. Its such a poppy synth :-)
Old 2013-02-02, 17:26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefman1031 View Post
Intro prices eh? Well looks like I missed the boat!! BTW I LOVE that you can try these products, no restrictions, for 30 days. How else would I know if I want to drop 120 on the predator without that. And now I know that I would totally drop 120, maybe even 150 on predator. Its such a poppy synth :-)
Yeah it's cool!

I have the same love as you're have, but for the Antidote!
Old 2013-02-02, 17:31

Cool ill check I t out. Does every new RE have an 'intro' price, or is it random? and how long is the window of an 'intro' price?
Old 2013-02-02, 17:35
Banned

Quote:
Cool ill check I t out. Does every new RE have an 'intro' price, or is it random? and how long is the window of an 'intro' price?
Window has approximately 30 days, no, not every RE has intro price!

So do check the little description of any RE & there you'll find info about intro price, if it has it at the moment!

Example: http://shop.propellerheads.se/product/uhbik-g/

Last edited by Mate; 2013-02-02 at 17:39.
Old 2013-02-02, 17:38

test drive

Quote:

I agree Bud

I am still test driving Predator,and discovered that while its very good,the sound,layout is a bit cramped,(my own personal view),its great for sound sculpting etc.
I will not be using all the presets since I make ambient muaic.
Not to say its on my wish list in the future,lol

But I had tried Synapse Antidote and that suited me much better,did the same with Autoarp,both bought,as a January birthday present to me,ha,ha
Old 2013-02-02, 17:43

Is it me or are there almost NEVER any sales (besides Xmas) or coupon codes or anything to offer a little off the price?

I understand that discounts would have to come from the software developers, but I really think if they offered some periodic discounts, sales would go up. Then again, what the heck do I know? I haven't seen sales numbers on REs, haha. Maybe they're selling like hotcakes. Or maybe I'm just salty that Softube never put their FET Compressor on sale over the holidays or that I missed the intro pricing by a day. As I understand it, RE sales operate in a similar manner to apps in the Apple app store, where Apple or propellerhead, get a portion of the sales. If this is the case, couldn't propellerhead offer discounts that eat into their portion of the sale and still give the software developers their chunk of the change? I think I am still just upset that the FET Compressor won't go on sale again, haha.

Seriously though, I think there should be some buy 2 get 1 half off deals or something of that nature, especially on those Softube REs. I own the Trident (because it went on sale over the holidays!!!) and T-SAR 1 Reverb (bought during intro price period, so I couldn't afford the FET).

Other REs I own:
Resampler
RE2A Leveling Amplifier
Flower Audio Loudness Meter
Etch Red Dual Filter
Morfin XF Crossfader
A-Series 1 Modular Synth
A-Series 2 Modular Synth
wbl5515
Buffre Beat Repeater
Pulsar
CV Suite Line Processor
RPDistort Effect
SubBoomBassRE Effect (only regret and impulse buy because SALE ON IT WAS ABOUT TO EXPIRE!)
Softube Trident A-Range
Softube Saturation Knob
Softube TSAR-1 Reberb
Synapse Antidote
Uhnik A
Uhbik P
Uhnik Q
G8 Dynamic Gate
Yoko Band-Splitter

BTW, many of those REs were purchased during the propellerhead holiday sale! *hint hint
Old 2013-02-02, 17:43

HaHa nice! Predator is crammed and I haven't really got under the hood yet, however, some of the presets are from HEAVEN!!! I never dreamed of getting these poppy synth sounds out of reason. I think it has to do with the amp simulator to add that grit!
Old 2013-02-02, 17:45

Quote:
Agree! I wish I had my money back from the SubBoomBass RE to put toward the Predator. :'(