Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-02-04, 12:27

Question Things reason dare not to do?

I hear there's alot of demand for things that propellerheads dare not add to reason, I think features like vsti support because its probably competition to there stand alone plugins and re, another thing is people want midi out but that also would be competition to there standalone instruments and re. I think reason should have these things if you want it to be a professional daw. If reason can't have vsti plugins then I think we should have a request page for certain plugins to be converted into re. What else do you think reason needs that they dare not add?

Cheers

Mark
Old 2013-02-04, 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by markomarkh View Post
I hear there's alot of demand for things that propellerheads dare not add to reason, I think features like vsti support because its probably competition to there stand alone plugins and re, another thing is people want midi out but that also would be competition to there standalone instruments and re. I think reason should have these things if you want it to be a professional daw. If reason can't have vsti plugins then I think we should have a request page for certain plugins to be converted into re. What else do you think reason needs that they dare not add?

Cheers

Mark
I think you're very mistaken.

I don't think it has anything with PH not "daring" to do anything, and even if it was, I think your reasons for those decisions are way off base.

VSTi has been asked for long before REs ever came on the scene. They didn't put VSTi support in then, so why would RE competition be any more of a factor now? More likely it will never happen because of stability issues and compatibility with the rack and with Reason's routing systems.

MIDI-out is competition? To what? If PH was worried about people using outside instruments with Reason, why would they develop the ReWire system that lets other programs link up with Reason?

If you think there is an existing VST instrument or effect you'd like to see as an RE, your best bet is to directly contact the maker of those other devices, since they're the ones who would have to port their software to the RE format. For all other features, there's a whole forum dedicated to those suggestions.

Old 2013-02-04, 21:41

Angry

reason refuses to dance naked with me even though I dared it
Old 2013-02-04, 22:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneykube View Post
reason refuses to dance naked with me even though I dared it
Some guy named Billy already succeeded at that.
Old 2013-02-05, 06:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecopro View Post
Some guy named Billy already succeeded at that.
hmmm... ok... does reason dare to do cocaine as well ?

Love your song Darkwave Song 4 by Damage Totem.... by the way... you got a new follower

Last edited by moneykube; 2013-02-05 at 06:55.