Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

View Poll Results: Do you want MIDI-Out Reason?
Yes 1,495 92.28%
No 125 7.72%
Voters: 1620. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-10-07, 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligumo View Post
I hope 123bpm had chance to try it. I think it was the main reason that he abandoned the platform.
I vaguely remember that. Didn't he post on the forums to say he was moving to something else?

Quote:
SO I think I might push the button on this today, am I going to love it as much as I think I will?
We'll put it this way, if you love Reason then you are going to love controlling your hardware with Reason. I'm in Heaven here!
Old 2013-10-07, 14:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboy1973 View Post
I vaguely remember that. Didn't he post on the forums to say he was moving to something else?
I think he gave his reasons somewhere in the annals of this thread although who knows how far back it was. I seem to remember it was around the same time as Stuart's 'departure' which did make me wonder if they were actually the same split personality, caught in some kind of self-sustaining feedback loop of troll-onanism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboy1973 View Post
We'll put it this way, if you love Reason then you are going to love controlling your hardware with Reason. I'm in Heaven here!
I am looking forward to giving Reason a spin again. I don't know how others feel, but I quite like cycling between different DAWs, it's like a change of scenery and a fresh approach. I spent the last year on Logic, maybe the previous 18 months on Reason, before that I was on cubase.

http://www.soundcloud.com/ligumo
Old 2013-10-08, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligumo View Post
I am looking forward to giving Reason a spin again. I don't know how others feel, but I quite like cycling between different DAWs, it's like a change of scenery and a fresh approach. I spent the last year on Logic, maybe the previous 18 months on Reason, before that I was on cubase.
I've used loads of different platforms over the years - Acid a hell of a lot, Cubase & Tracktion a fair bit & Logic quite a lot as well. I've also dipped my toes into Live, Pro-Tools, FL & probably a few more I can't think of right now. But early on I discovered ReBirth & later Reason. Since buying Reason 2 I've been in & out ever since. But I always used Reason. The main reason for using other DAW's was the lack of third party devices & of course MIDI-output to control my hardware. Now Reason has these things (and plenty more fantastic new stuff besides) Reason 7 was like all my birthdays came at once!! It's hard to imagine using anything else now.
Old 2013-10-08, 17:37

Did the upgrade yesterday.

Nothing quite like the simple pleasure of connecting my Nord Lead up to matrix, sicking on some delay and playing with the filter controls for half an hour :-)

http://www.soundcloud.com/ligumo