Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-02-05, 18:22

My first mixtape, "Pearls From Neptune"... please listen and comment...

Greetings Propellerhead.

To get to the point, I'm a 9 month old amorphous composer. I time travel different times, collecting musical data and composing them at will. Here is my first mixup.. err mixtape entitled "Pearls From Neptune: La Douceur Nocturne" music for the night, made in the night. Please enjoy my travels, comment, and subscribe.

Old 2013-02-05, 19:14

My next project that I am working on that continues after PFN is "Color Spacesound Turbulence" dropping summer this year.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:14

I gave the first couple of tracks a listen. Very different, at least for me, and quite cool. Really like the beat/overall vibe.
Old 2013-02-05, 22:21

Thank you much friend. PFN is more of a hip hop based attempt, and it progresses to that in the later half of the play. For example:

Anyone else?
Old 2013-02-06, 00:08

Definitely got an original sound going there! I liked what I heard!
Old 2013-02-06, 00:10

Just listened to the first one, sounds pretty good, like that spacey beat mix, reminds me a bit of DJ Spooky, not to compare for similarities but for an expression of liking the song. Gonna have a cigarette during the next one.
Old 2013-02-06, 00:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertonyd View Post
Well thank you kindly sir. Please if you can subscribe, I have lots more music coming in the futures. Color Spacesound Turbulence will be coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moofi View Post
Just listened to the first one, sounds pretty good, like that spacey beat mix, reminds me a bit of DJ Spooky, not to compare for similarities but for an expression of liking the song. Gonna have a cigarette during the next one.
Greetings. Thank you very much. I should time travel back and find out about the origins to this DJ Spooky.

Oh... and those cigarettes... I have those quite often... if you have one I suggest listening to this after a pull or more:

Old 2013-02-06, 01:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertonyd View Post
My mistake, here is the playlist: CST
Old 2013-02-06, 02:53

Greetz.
I really like your work. Most of the beats are very smooth and honey for my ears. Track 4 is one of my two favourites... very great and peacefully athmosphere. Track 8 is my other favourite... the old school-drums in combination with the sample are amazing!!

go on and keep the vibe alive
Old 2013-02-06, 03:06

actually I listened from that cigarette on through the complete mixtape. very good work. I like the mixture, the use of sounds, the feeling, saying, simply everything

Guess it already is kind of that way, but in case it isn´t, I would put it in one story with crossfades between the songs, being one long journey. Anyways, I was enlighted by your music.

From DJ Spooky I recommend "Songs of a Dead Dreamer". Actually been the first eletronic album I bought in 96. It´s aswell a complete journey. This is I dare to say the most famous one from that album: