Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-06, 16:54

You get a lot of that instant gratification with the Panorama P Series. Instant flip switch on and providing reason is already on ( which it is on my machine, all the time )... Not only does it control my patches, but it controls literally everything else in Reason AT the flip of a switch.

I don't miss hardware synths at all especially since the P4.

Plus, the virus sound has been so overused in dance/electronic, sit those sounds next to Exode's refills and the virus sounds dated. Still, a beautiful machine, don't get wrong..... but not needed here. It would only get in my way/distract at this point in taking my reason knowledge and ability to a deeper level. There's so much still to learn.

I've also spent A LOT of money over the years distracted. Moogs, Virus's, Korgs, Doepfer Modulars, Juno, Dark Energy, SH-101 SOLD them all and I regret none of it. I see it all as a learning experience, I think I was fooled that I need a certain bit of kit to get that sound.... my sound ( which I am still learning to define ) all along was IN me and my knowledge of programming and production. No bit of kit will give that to you....

Last edited by danny_f; 2013-02-06 at 17:02.