Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-08, 23:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waif View Post
I agree with that Reason could be a lot better for the money. My maschine sounds better compared to any sound produced in Reason, also my mpc 1000 sounded better than anything produced and in age comparison its around the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgrimes View Post
I also own Maschine. I disagree that the sound Maschine has sounds better than "any" sound in Reason.

Maschines drums overall do sound better than Reason's drums (which you'd think it should) for electronic drum kits. The SP 1200 and MPC 60 emulations are nice.

But I think Reason has better effects overall. Reverbs, Compressors, sidechaining (Maschine can't side chain easily).

Maschine comes with a basic selection of Instruments which actually overall sound pretty decent, but Reason's factory library has waay more to offer overall.

I think a lot of Reason's sounds get looked over though because many gems are hidden.

And Reason is also a synthesizer which Maschine isn't. (Although I think the newer version of Maschine comes with Massive).

If you'd said Maschine+Komplete sounds better than "any" sound in Reason, I would still disagree but probably wouldn't have comment because that is a more valid comparison. Maschine+Komplete is a monster of a program.

That said we are both in agreement that Reason could improve its sample libraries.
it's a bad way to look at it !
of course you get good sounds in maschine and your MPC because they both are samplers lol !
and NI vst's are making a good sound because they got good presets done by other dudes that are pro for this ! you can make good sounds in reason but not if you are bad in sound design .also there is not much complex combi synth in the SB.

I think you got it all wrong but I am 100% with you in the way that if better and more presets was done for reason by pros it would sound better but in no ways any other soft got some secret magic that make them better sounding then reason, it's just the same but reason give you a kit with a screw driver and leave you to your own skills .

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !

Last edited by charlycharlzz; 2013-02-08 at 23:35.