Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-09, 11:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
No offense intended...just saying...when you run out of processing power, you're done.

...How would you push a processor past its ability to process?
I am not talking about pushing the processor beyond its limit, but instead about preventing it from reaching that limit at all.

What is unfeasible about this proposal? If I change my sample rate during playback the audio will momentarily drop out, which is obviously undesirable, so it seems to me that for the transition to be seamless the audio must be sampled at two or more different rates simultaneously, while only the stream of the highest resolution that can be played without ill effect will be output at any given time as a performance safeguard.

Am I terribly unaware of something significant here?