Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-09, 14:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggeryPokery View Post
Yeah, it's not you I'm having a dig at, you're looking at both sides of the argument, which is fair enough.

cyclic frequently posts far-fetched ideas, and often ideas that are already quite achievable by actually thinking through a problem and working around it. It's a symptom of the "spoonfeed me" generation where a few people want every little thing done for them. The only feature he hasn't suggested yet is the "Create #1 Hit" button.

It's like 96k in live performance. Seriously? I'd be quite surprised if there was any other artist on the planet who uses a computer on stage running a 96k sample-rate. Most of us still can't manage 96k full-time on high end desktop rigs!
That is funny.. I was actually just digging through cyclic's posting history (all ten pages, 200+ feature suggestions) when I saw that you had replied. He doesn't seem to possess any sort of filter, which I do admire, even if it makes for a great many suggestions that quickly fade into the depths of the forum.

I suppose there is a fine line between a product that provides a proper set of features (which Reason certainly does, but there is yet room for improvement) and one which simply gives the user instant gratification, and while we Reasoners tend to be a rather self-sufficient DIY lot, I hate to see potential newcomers dissuaded by a perceived inaccessibility of the program.

P.S.: I wonder how long we must wait for 96kHz to become the new standard for every producer and his tablet-based workstation.. :}