Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-09, 23:50

Powered USB hub?

Do you know if there's been any change in the Props policy on using USB hubs?
I've got an ongoing problem with the USB ports/drivers in my laptop which, incidentally, was bought to replace my main music PC for running Reason 6, and I'm still getting DPC latency issues with Balance.
I can't afford to replace the laptop or the desktop and Acer are offering to "look at the problem" but I really don't think they'll find anything that they'll call a problem.
Balance suffers from terrible drop-outs when connected to any of the USB ports and my Novation Impulse 49 controller isn't properly recognised by two of the three USB ports.
I think my only hope is to get a powered hub that'll provide the quality of connection that Balance and the Impulse need.

Thanks in advance.

N03L