Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-02-12, 23:48

Education/Academic Download Version of Recycle 2.2

Greetings PH Folks and Forum Folks,

I have been a Reason fan since 2.5 and I've faithfully done every upgrade. I got hold of a, what I didn't realize at the time to be, bootleg of Recycle 2.0. I played around with it and got hooked. While I upgraded Reason, I never got around to doing the same with Recycle (I started creating music without my OWN loops and didn't need it).

Well, NOW, I want it. LEGALLY!

I'm glad that there's FINALLY a downloadable version of Recycle for the Mac but I don't see the academic version. As I am (permanently) tied to an academic institution (replete with the poor pay), I am eligible for this discount (I believe). I'd LOVE to be able to download Recycle instead of going through the post, etc.

IS THIS POSSIBLE?!!?!!?!

Thanks,
The Coolest Virginia Reason Fan

P.S. Sorry for the long post!
Old 2013-02-13, 02:24

http://www.propellerheads.se/support...rticle=edu_faq

Ye Olde FishCAM
Old 2013-02-13, 07:43

Thanks Jon. Unfortunately, the FAQ doesn't mention anything about a downloadable academic version. I have checked out some 3rd party sites but they all seem to sell a boxed version. It's also unclear if their version is 2.2 (as opposed to 2.1).

I'm looking for a downloadable version of Recycle 2.2 for the mac, academic/student version. Does THIS exist?
Old 2013-02-13, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqpoet View Post
Thanks Jon. Unfortunately, the FAQ doesn't mention anything about a downloadable academic version. I have checked out some 3rd party sites but they all seem to sell a boxed version. It's also unclear if their version is 2.2 (as opposed to 2.1).

I'm looking for a downloadable version of Recycle 2.2 for the mac, academic/student version. Does THIS exist?
Maybe Recycle requires an actual disc for registration verification. Reason used to be that way, too. What's the problem with getting the boxed version?

Ye Olde FishCAM
Old 2013-02-13, 15:44

No real problem. I'm just impatient :-)
Old 2013-02-13, 16:33

You can buy it from these guys:

http://www.studica.com/us/en/Propell...ycle-21-1.html

Don't know how long it would take to ship ...

Ye Olde FishCAM
Old 2013-02-13, 17:43

Thanks. Btw, here's my point. Why are they selling 2.1 and not 2.2? Was this version not worthy of a box? I don't want to have to WAIT for an outdated version.
Old 2013-02-13, 17:46

Quote:
Thanks. Btw, here's my point. Why are they selling 2.1 and not 2.2? Was this version not worthy of a box? I don't want to have to WAIT for an outdated version.
Good grief, my good man, you want it ALL! If I were in your shoes, I would just be happy that I get it for half the price everyone else has to pay.

Ye Olde FishCAM
Old 2013-02-13, 19:45

Quote:
Maybe you'll get better results over here...

http://www.reddit.com/r/firstworldproblems
Old 2013-02-13, 19:58

hello,

if i am not mistaken: you buy the boxed version at 2.1 for academic pricing, then register it with Propellerhead's website and then update to 2.2 (for free, if i'm not mistaken) hope this helps, j