Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-02-11, 19:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep View Post
It would be pretty cool with a controller but the way propellerhead would implement it would be interesting I think, seen as they like to do everything differently from everyone else. Would probably have to be a separate piece of software to keep reason simple but still be able to load RE's
but why a separate piece of software ?
it should be a mode , you open a reason mix session and that way they put faders on and for every tracks also a beat detectore that can auto match and done ! they can also add your feature that way and make it all crazy (it would become a mix of mixmeister and live but the unik Reason way)

I think it's got to be inside the software and not a side software so glitch and xf-morfin or buffer can work on those because they are made for it (dj mix fx) also a lot of dj's plug there dj set up on real synth to use the filters live.
so including the dj thing would make that possible and also use diverse RE az dj fx and filters for live shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovkov View Post
The only things you need and really work for DJ-ing is a pair of SL-1200/1210's.
that is tru if you got a lot of money to get a lot of records but I think DJ's using softwares arent that bad and some use both (computer and turn tables) I never liked cd dj's but on computers you can do so much things to your mix !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2013-02-12, 14:39

I'm totally against this idea. DJing and Music Production are two completely separate things. Reason is a music production tool that is still in need of fundamental DAW characteristics (midi out, Recycle integration etc. etc.).

If Props added some turntables into the rack and omitted the fundamentals I would lose a hell of a lot of respect for them.

I use Serato for DJing and don't plan on changing that any time soon.

On the other hand, Live performance of Electronic music is a different thing altogether. Perhaps a kong style block trigger pad?

But still this is not important for me.

"Music is my religion." Jimi Hendrix

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-02-12, 15:36

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenOutsideTheBox View Post
I'm totally against this idea. DJing and Music Production are two completely separate things. Reason is a music production tool...
Absolutely.

I find it incredibly juvenile (in that we seem to be surrounded by an 'entitlement' crowd) and tiresome to keep reading suggestions for one application to merge with another to create a jack-of-all-trades piece of software that would be cumbersome and effectively useless at engaging with it's core purpose.

Yes, Reason is lacking in several essential areas (which I trust will be addressed, eventually), but I find a profound sadness in folk demanding that technology replaces craft, knowledge, and individual creativity (albeit, perhaps not in this particular instance - though why would anyone want to be able to DJ with Reason, I find that quite bizarre).

I do despair of this place, it's bursting at the seams with what appear to be the X-Factor generation who expect to step from in front of their bedroom mirror and onto the stage without paying their dues, earning their chops.

</rant>
'Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a crime in progress is not a happy prospect.' - Hunter S Thompson
~|~
'Live fat, die young, and leave a self-basting corpse for the burn up...' - TFC
Old 2013-02-12, 22:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatControlleR View Post
Absolutely.

I find it incredibly juvenile (in that we seem to be surrounded by an 'entitlement' crowd) and tiresome to keep reading suggestions for one application to merge with another to create a jack-of-all-trades piece of software that would be cumbersome and effectively useless at engaging with it's core purpose.

Yes, Reason is lacking in several essential areas (which I trust will be addressed, eventually), but I find a profound sadness in folk demanding that technology replaces craft, knowledge, and individual creativity (albeit, perhaps not in this particular instance - though why would anyone want to be able to DJ with Reason, I find that quite bizarre).

I do despair of this place, it's bursting at the seams with what appear to be the X-Factor generation who expect to step from in front of their bedroom mirror and onto the stage without paying their dues, earning their chops.

</rant>
Hmmm... not at all. My suggestion was the updated blocks idea which i think would be a great update for live and studio. Other people suggested turntables and whatever, my input was that virtual dj, serato etc.. are around for that but in the end I just said aslong as it's a separate software that people can still load RE's into I don't care, it won't happen anyway. If you really think about it it's not actually a bad suggestion because the op isn't adding yet another thread for midi out,groups, recycle integration and whatever else has been mentioned a million times in separate threads. The thing I find most intriguing is how propellerhead would make such software, I mean look at figure, pretty cool right? It would be interesting to see what they would do for 'djs' and we all know it wouldn't be anything like most others out there. I stand by what I say though, updated blocks feature as explained in my first reply and if propellerhead do decide to make software for 'djs' keep it separate from reason.
Old 2013-02-12, 23:11

My point is that Props is a small company and they need allocate all of their human resources to rectifying things that currently cannot be done in Reason, to make it compete with Logic / Cubase / PT etc. specifically on an audio manipulating level.

They shouldn't get distracted (not now anyway) by venturing into the DJ software market when there are players out there like Serato / Traktor etc. making software that has taken years and years of development and is going to be far superior at this stage. ( Unless they expand and take on a whole load of new programmers dedicated to programming a new Props DJ software, which would be risky and expensive. )

It is so close to becoming the ultimate DAW. Especially with RE developers taking on the responsibility of making new synths. This frees up time for the Props developers to concentrate (hopefully) on the audio / GUI side.

"Music is my religion." Jimi Hendrix

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-02-12, 23:28

Algoriddim Djay is good if you're on a Mac.
http://www.algoriddim.com
Old 2013-02-13, 00:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenOutsideTheBox View Post
My point is that Props is a small company and they need allocate all of their human resources to rectifying things that currently cannot be done in Reason, to make it compete with Logic / Cubase / PT etc. specifically on an audio manipulating level.

They shouldn't get distracted (not now anyway) by venturing into the DJ software market when there are players out there like Serato / Traktor etc. making software that has taken years and years of development and is going to be far superior at this stage. ( Unless they expand and take on a whole load of new programmers dedicated to programming a new Props DJ software, which would be risky and expensive. )

It is so close to becoming the ultimate DAW. Especially with RE developers taking on the responsibility of making new synths. This frees up time for the Props developers to concentrate (hopefully) on the audio / GUI side.
I agree, they need to focus on reason, updating the blocks feature being one of their focuses. I said I would be intrigued to see how they would make 'Dj' software given their unique approach but also that it's not likely to happen.
Ah well, this thread is both for and against now. If admin is reading this updated blocks is all I really want, stacking and triggering blocks - thank you
Old 2013-02-19, 20:40

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elissa View Post
It may have already been mentioned but some kind of integrated DJing software would be really awesome.

Sort of a stand alone propellerhead DJ program that odviously is controlled through USB/midi and can also be synced up with the tracks your working on as well.

This would be great for live as well as bedroom playing.
combine reason's midi clock sync with dedicated dj software like traktor.