Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-02-12, 03:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoner498 View Post
Yes I deleted it because I thought it best not to go there.

But since you decided to comment on my comment... I said that you have a personal attachment to Reason that you're trying to project upon OP.

The truth is, there are any number of people here that do this, whether or not you are one of them.

I use several applications for music making because I find that some are just better than others at certain things.

IMO, some people have bought so heavily into the idea that Reason can be "all things to everybody" that it has in some ways become a de facto cult-like mentality.

Which is a shame, because it really detracts from people getting together and learning from each other, making their music better, and just having a good time.

What I've noticed here is that the people who are most knowledgeable and who make the best music are those that have experience beyond just Reason. I've also noticed that they never never bash people for using something other than Reason, and they avoid these conversations.

ymmv...

I said this before and I will say it again The guys that bash have stock in company LOL
Old 2013-02-12, 04:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzybanger View Post
Mpc studio/EIE pro comes with protools.....ANything else....
I agree that the mpc would work better for your workflow, but that striped down version of protools wil probably be pretty frustrating to you after using a full fledged daw. You might at-least want to use Reaper for "free" or even the free version of studio one might be a better option

Website
Old 2013-02-12, 04:38

Quote:
Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou I would keep typing it but you get the point I dont want the maschine I like akai and the MPC and I believe they will get the software right and kill the maschine and when that happens I can add reason into the MPC and be stronger once props stop being selfish. Just ask your self this why didnt akai add rewire to the new mpc in the first place was that a slap in propellerhead face or our face or what. I thought rewire was like standard but then again I thought VST support and MIDI out was standard.
THe Mpc studio/ren and maschine don't support rewire because they aren't DAWs. Hell for the most part Props have always said that Reason is not a DAW because it lacks many DAW features to focus on creating music. Not everyone who uses a DAW makes music but that's another topic.
Old 2013-02-12, 05:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by QVprod View Post
I agree that the mpc would work better for your workflow, but that striped down version of protools wil probably be pretty frustrating to you after using a full fledged daw. You might at-least want to use Reaper for "free" or even the free version of studio one might be a better option
I figured that it work for me..Yeah that protools is only 16 tracks...Just because im selling dont mean I cant come back. Reason is my DAW just taking some time off to explore with other things and I will buy reason again im a few months.
Old 2013-02-12, 05:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWestBeats View Post
THe Mpc studio/ren and maschine don't support rewire because they aren't DAWs. Hell for the most part Props have always said that Reason is not a DAW because it lacks many DAW features to focus on creating music. Not everyone who uses a DAW makes music but that's another topic.

So how would I pull this off I want the two to work together Reason with the MPC is it right now with the panaram p4.
Old 2013-02-12, 05:43

I wasn't referring to Reason at all actually. Just saying iff u'r gonna temporarily (or permanently) use another daw, there are better free and cheap options than the bundled protools. Seriously though check out studio one free. It has way more features and its ... as it's name suggests...free. Just giving you another option.

Edit, actually if you keep your reason license, ProTools SE actually has rewire so you could use both the mpc studio and reason.... still the 16 tracks is a major let down, I would still go with the "free" version of reaper unless the $65 price tag weighs heavy on your conscience

Website

Last edited by QVprod; 2013-02-12 at 05:53.
Old 2013-02-12, 05:46

Quote:
So how would I pull this off I want the two to work together Reason with the MPC is it right now with the panaram p4.
The rewire vst is what Maschine users have been using for a while but not all vsts work right with Mpc Studio/Ren so its not a good choice as of right now. What I do is just run Live as my DAW and rewire Reason into it and run Maschine as a vst. I use Maschine templates to control Reason, Maschine and Live.
Old 2013-02-12, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWestBeats View Post
The rewire vst is what Maschine users have been using for a while but not all vsts work right with Mpc Studio/Ren so its not a good choice as of right now. What I do is just run Live as my DAW and rewire Reason into it and run Maschine as a vst. I use Maschine templates to control Reason, Maschine and Live.
This is why I typed all this stuff to begin with I have to spend money or use something else just to make things work in reason all they have to do is add the features needed so we can have a master DAW......DAMN

Last edited by Tizzybanger; 2013-02-13 at 03:31.
Old 2013-02-13, 09:30

Quote:
This is why I typed all this stuff to begin with I have to spend money or use something else just to make things work in reason all they have to do is add the features needed so we can have a master DAW......DAMN
Everything is like that. Most DAWs need vsts because the sounds or fx they come with are lacking in some way. The mpc studio you are looking to buy is lacking in many DAW features. The big difference is with a traditional DAW most people don't mind because they know they can probably find a vst to add or replace the missing or low quality function in their DAW with a better quality version. You'll see soon enough though but from what I have seen of the Mpc Ren/Studio and from my limited time with Maschine you really want a DAW to run with them. Hell I run Reason as a rewire slave most of the time even.
Old 2013-02-16, 03:44

Smile

Quote:

The word on the street!!!! Are you serious???? Do you have any of the above mention instruments to really say who kills who I dont care about stock sounds Im a sample base producer so I go get my own sounds I dont even use reason sounds only the HI HAT Again im not ditching reason I just want a faster workflow for chopping my samples and reason is to slow for me. I AM REASON 4 LIFE!!!!!!!! But Im making a move to the MPC studio for improve work flow. One other thing the studio is nothing more then an updated MPD32 so either way I was going to make the move I can tell already that me and you make music different because you worry about stock sounds and instruments im a GO GETTER. I go get my own sounds and instruments. Thats why alot of you guys sound the same becuase yall all use the same sounds
You appear not to be listening. I am not a crazy Reason zealot, but someone who uses a lot of different equipment. For sample chopping and manipulation Reason is not the best platform, and I never said it was - however your idea of getting a new MPC for this purpose is seriously ill informed. You also make mention that this is partially about getting a different controller to the MPD, well if that's the case good luck, hope it works out - I have no idea whether it's likely to or not.

As someone who makes beats in a very similar manner to yourself a lot of the time tho, and has many friends who do the same, many professional and many hobbyists, and also a few retailers - the concensus is that the new MPC line in general is of a very poor standard compared to either NI Maschine, or to Live paired with an APC. So my previous advice was nowt to do with Reason and more about your potential misguided future purchases.

May luck be with you.