Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-16, 17:33

Awesome reply. That helps a lot. No this is not a common problem.

I have two thoughts and maybe someone else with a kit will come along too.

My thought is that there's a retrigger going on in your kit and since it's such a low velocity you hadn't been hearing it through the other programs and through the amp which you mentioned the first thread.

Either the whole assembly is still shaking and retriggering it or the cymbal itself is reading a hit as the cymbal comes towards its stop. The setting for this in an electronic kit is call 'Retrigger'. What you could do is lengthen the 'Retrigger' setting and see if you can make it so the brain doesn't send it to Reason. Or you could have your NN-XT mappings only activate a sample at a minimum velocity.

Sorry this is a long process for you. I know getting the hi-hat right was a pain for me. With the retrigger set too long playing 16th notes got tough but with retrigger set too short then you'd see notes sent from the kit shaking.

We'll get it solved.