Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-02-15, 17:20

"Deep Down" (mellow dubstep track)

What's up guys? First time poster, long time lurker here. I finished up this track awhile back and was wondering what yall think about it. Any feedback/constructive criticism is welcome. It's sort of an old dub-style dubstep track, not of the "filth" variety. Thanks in advance!

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-02-15, 23:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmayne View Post
What's up guys? First time poster, long time lurker here. I finished up this track awhile back and was wondering what yall think about it. Any feedback/constructive criticism is welcome. It's sort of an old dub-style dubstep track, not of the "filth" variety. Thanks in advance!

Loading SoundCloud…
Smashing stuff. I really like the breakdown with all the midi instruments that's comes in at about 2:00 mins in.

Definitely the best variety of dubstep. It's got a lot more character the filth stuff that seems to have become more popular.

Keep it up.

SC: https://soundcloud.com/dubious

If you want to collab, reach me at:
alacey1989@hotmail.com
https://twitter.com/LogicalPocket

Logical Pocket - Music fueled by biscuits.
Old 2013-02-16, 04:49

I really like it! Cool track man. Commented on SC. You got some really nice bass in there
Old 2013-02-16, 05:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamst3rf1sh View Post
Smashing stuff. I really like the breakdown with all the midi instruments that's comes in at about 2:00 mins in.

Definitely the best variety of dubstep. It's got a lot more character the filth stuff that seems to have become more popular.

Keep it up.
Thanks a lot mean, means a bunch to me. I agree that it does have more character (not my song, just the variety like you said). I've tried my hand at the more hype side of the spectrum but its a little harder for me to produce for some reason. I can't get the flow of the different synths right.. but I digress haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
I really like it! Cool track man. Commented on SC. You got some really nice bass in there
Preciate it, dude! I'm also following you back. You've got some tight productions on there man!
Old 2013-02-16, 07:13

You're on to something, I likes!

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-02-16, 08:59

Funky stuff bruh.. I like your compositional decisions. Good flow & tight production. Definitely noticing higher quality productions across the board lately, I love that. :-)
Old 2013-02-16, 13:24

Quote:
Thanks a lot mean, means a bunch to me. I agree that it does have more character (not my song, just the variety like you said). I've tried my hand at the more hype side of the spectrum but its a little harder for me to produce for some reason. I can't get the flow of the different synths right.. but I digress haha.
I started off by learning how to make that kind of thing as well... none of it's available anywhere now mind. It's quite fun but I don't know that it's that rewarding to listen to outside of the club environment.

For what it's worth you seem to be nailing this sound

SC: https://soundcloud.com/dubious

If you want to collab, reach me at:
alacey1989@hotmail.com
https://twitter.com/LogicalPocket

Logical Pocket - Music fueled by biscuits.
Old 2013-02-16, 14:57

Quote:
Preciate it, dude! I'm also following you back. You've got some tight productions on there man!
Thanks man Glad you like my stuff!
Old 2013-02-16, 16:10
Banned

Original track, cool!
Old 2013-02-16, 20:37

Thanks guys, it really does mean a lot. I'll be uploading some more soon; I have a few in block mode just waiting to be turned into a full track haha. It's just much easier for me to get the chilled out vibe going, it's like the track sort of makes itself. But once again, thanks for all the feedback everyone!