Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-02-09, 02:04
muddyhorse

Recording problems

Hi, when I record the notes from the instruments in the combinator, the play back is just the note I played without velocity, anyone know why?
Old 2013-02-09, 02:47

Well probably not enough info but the things to consider are:

Does your MIDI Controller output Velocity info? Some toy keyboards (Casio, Yamaha Portasound etc) will play internal sounds with velocity but not transmit. I am assuming recorded notes have a velocity value and if your controller doesn't send then they will all be a set value, probably 100, 64 or 127. If this is the case then you need a new controller.

The Reason instrument you are using to play recorded notes may not be set up to handle velocity info so even though recorded notes will show differing velo info the instrument plays everything at the same velocity (usually 127). Thor and Antidote default to no velocity assignment. Subtractor assigns it to Filter Mod Envelope.

If neither of these is the case then you would appear to have something filtering out the Velocity info from the MIDI stream or it is simply broken (your keyboard not Reason).

Final possibility is that you are the most even player known to man. I doubt this so see above.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2013-02-19, 01:04
muddyhorse

I am using Novation Remote25 controller
Old 2013-02-19, 13:10

Well that should be a decent controller so nothing obvious there (unless it is broken somehow).

Without seeing your set up it is pretty hard to diagnose. Have you asked over in Novation Forums?

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2013-02-19, 13:40

Some controllers (mine anyway) have a setting for fixed full (127) velocity. Maybe you set that option inadvertently?

Ye Olde FishCAM