Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-02-19, 22:30

Opinons on my new mix. 80's Pop/Swedish Indie

I'm working on a ten track cd atm and here is one of the songs. I would like some opinions since I don't really hear anything after all this hours of work. I have discovered some flaws but I will let you come with your own opinion before telling mine. Please be hard but fair. I want to improve, I want this to sound good.

I wrote, produced and are now mixing these tracks.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11386207/%C...sien%20mix.aif

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11386207/%C...sien%20mix.mp3 <--- MP3 for those with slow connection.

https://soundcloud.com/daftpunk_89/rla-eurasien-mix

Last edited by JellyF; 2013-02-20 at 23:37.
Old 2013-02-19, 22:54

That took a long while to load; in fact, I finally gave up.

To be honest, you'll have more luck getting people's input if you'll open a free Soundcloud account and load your songs there.
Old 2013-02-19, 23:04

Ok. I added an Mp3 to my first post.
Old 2013-02-20, 15:45

I've got a decently fast connection (15 MBps), but that first link was pretty slow. Maybe I was just experiencing a "traffic jam" that day, who knows.

Now, on to the song.

The Pros: I thought the music was very nice, and yes very 80s, which I like. I can't really comment on the technical aspect of the music, as I don't know much about that. I only know what I like, and I do like the music.

The Con: Oh I hate to say this, but if you are to be the singer on these songs, you need some vocal training; you go off key quite a bit. I have a DVD training course on DVD called "Gotta Sing". It's good.
Old 2013-02-20, 15:53

soundcloud please, tack!

Fairlight Platinum, Orlando JX10, Flux, O8 and more - high quality refills to get your creative juices flowing!

http://bitley.laconicsounds.net
Old 2013-02-20, 20:33

Im so sorry to hear that. I didnt think the vocal performance was that bad. Tough I recently (after recording this) have started to take a corse in Speach Level Singing. I grew up with Indie singers with weak voices. I wanted to sound that way. But i dont anymore. So Im really serious about becoming a better singer.

But any comments on the mix?
Old 2013-02-20, 21:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyF View Post
Im so sorry to hear that. I didnt think the vocal performance was that bad. Tough I recently (after recording this) have started to take a corse in Speach Level Singing. I grew up with Indie singers with weak voices. I wanted to sound that way. But i dont anymore. So Im really serious about becoming a better singer.

But any comments on the mix?
Oh man, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I just wanted to be honest so you could take steps to improve your singing. Believe me dude, there's a reason all my songs are instrumentals.

But as for your mix, I think it's very well done. It sounds very professional, and it sounds like an authentic 80s mix. You did a really good job with it. It's difficult to get mixes right, but I think you did.
Old 2013-02-20, 22:07

It's okay. I totally understand. I'm aware of the fact that I'm not the worlds best singer. It was moore that I started to doubt if I should release this if my singing will drag the project down.
Old 2013-02-20, 23:20

https://soundcloud.com/daftpunk_89/rla-eurasien-mix

Soundcloud.
Old 2013-02-20, 23:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyF View Post
It's okay. I totally understand. I'm aware of the fact that I'm not the worlds best singer. It was moore that I started to doubt if I should release this if my singing will drag the project down.
Keep in mind that I don't listen to much Indie music, so I don't really know what the other singers sound like.

Are you viewing music as a hobby at this point, or as a potential career?

If you want to make money from this CD project, I would recommend that you record the vocals after you've taken your singing course. If you really apply yourself, I think your singing will improve dramatically, and I think you will be glad you waited.