Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-02-18, 16:35

how to record cv wiring sounds into sequencer?

hello, i got peff's power tools for reason 3.0 and my brain has melted. my question is on page 28 he gives an exercise about "using a gate to control a note cv input" which requires the user to take a Subtractor's modulation output of LFO1 back into the Sequencer Control Gate Input...and the subtractor starts to beep...and then you connect a Matrix's gate cv to the Subtractor's sequencer control cv input and program steps 1-16 on the matrix...i've made some tweaks to this with a bass guitar patch loaded and i love the sound, HOWEVER, i can't 'record pattern to track' to get it into the sequencer for keeps...and it keeps on going even after the i have pressed stop on the sequencer. the sound is ALWAYS on (unless i hit mute). Please help me 'record' these patterns/sounds into the sequencer. Since getting peff's book, I have been experimenting with wiring and coming up with some wicked sounds but most of them are like this exammple here: i can't get them into the sequencer...thanks, j
Old 2013-02-18, 16:55

Go to the mix channel of the device you'd like to record. then activate the 'Rec source' button. Now create an audio track. From the input selection thingy select the respective activated mix channel. Then activate the audio track and hit record.
Old 2013-02-18, 17:08
Banned

I thought you wanted this: EX - hit the rec button & enjoy!
Old 2013-02-19, 05:07

hello, i can't thank you enough for helping me out so quickly with both responses...i am back up and running again...gonna go read some more of the peff book and melt my brain some more...thanks, j
Old 2013-02-19, 23:28

Hmmm, If you are using Reason 3.0 you will not have "Record" software.
Just in case you do not have Reason/Record you can "right click" in the Matrix window and choose"copy pattern to track" or somthing like that
http://www.mixposure.com/bardo/
Old 2013-02-19, 23:54

hello, i am using reason 6.5.3 and Mate's "EX" sample .rns song was completely perfect...great to go here...j