Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-02-20, 12:07

reason rewire

hi guys i have been meaning to ask this for some time

i see quiet lots of threads asking about reason rewire to other DAWS for maybe better quality and or better audio soud recording. mostly they ask about PRO TOOLS and litttle of CUBASE. which one is better between the TWO, CUBASE AND PRO TOOLS and is REASON NOT ENOUGH?
Old 2013-02-20, 19:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLCANIC View Post
hi guys i have been meaning to ask this for some time

i see quiet lots of threads asking about reason rewire to other DAWS for maybe better quality and or better audio soud recording. mostly they ask about PRO TOOLS and litttle of CUBASE. which one is better between the TWO, CUBASE AND PRO TOOLS and is REASON NOT ENOUGH?
Cubase has better MIDI handling than Pro Tools, And Pro Tools probably has better audio handling than Cubase.

They are both very capable programs... as is Reason.

Reason 6.5 (the current version...) doesn't have all of the features of Cubase or Pro Tools, but it does have all of the feature required to make music.

However, some of the features in other apps work well together with Reason, so some people use rewire to use the features from both apps together.
Old 2013-02-21, 13:32

well fair enough. well the reason i asked that is because i used cubase for my vocals of which there are few features that reason dont have like the Deesser
Old 2013-02-21, 14:06

All DAWs record audio equally well, given equivalent sample rates. This includes Reason. How they process it is another thing and is a subject for a long discussion of its own. However, Reason doesn't support MIDI out or VST. If you want to use either you must use another program.
Zotac/Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 2 Gb, NZXT H2 "Silent" case w/liquid cooling
Presonus AudioBox USB, Behringer B2031A, JBL PSW D110 sub

Kennesaw (Atlanta), Georgia, USA