Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-02-21, 12:30

Using the forum

I am a new boy. I note the forum uses BB Code. Do I have to learn this to be able to point to my sounds on Soundcloud or is there another procedure. This has been queried many times, I hope. I wouldn't like to feel I was the only idiot on the forum.
Old 2013-02-21, 13:21

Go to advanced in the reply box

Then, get the link -> https://soundcloud.com/villan-1/nonsensical-mayhem-ft
Then highlight the link and click the sound cloud 'button' that is above the text box on the right and it should work
Note that not all people can view the embedded player so always include the link anyway
and you should have something that looks like this
Loading SoundCloud…

Or just click the soundcloud button and this will appear
Put your link inbetween the closed brackets
Old 2013-02-21, 15:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyggy View Post
I am a new boy. I note the forum uses BB Code. Do I have to learn this to be able to point to my sounds on Soundcloud or is there another procedure. This has been queried many times, I hope. I wouldn't like to feel I was the only idiot on the forum.
Loading SoundCloud…

Ive just done that but can't find the buttons for soundcloud. Thanks for the help!
Old 2013-02-22, 00:38

Loading SoundCloud…

Last edited by moneykube; 2013-02-22 at 00:50.
Old 2013-02-22, 00:51

Use [SOUNDCLOUD] at start... Then Place the soundcloud HTML location followed by [SOUNDCLOUD] with an / before soundcloud.... ie after the first bracket([) and then soundcloud]

If that doesn't work it's time to buy a gun, but don't go all crazy, like the mental gun freaks in the US For example....don't shoot people or even yourself... computer devices are fair game though LOL

Last edited by moneykube; 2013-02-22 at 02:06.
Old 2013-02-22, 10:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneykube View Post
Use [SOUNDCLOUD] at start... Then Place the soundcloud HTML location followed by [SOUNDCLOUD] with an / before soundcloud.... ie after the first bracket([) and then soundcloud]

If that doesn't work it's time to buy a gun, but don't go all crazy, like the mental gun freaks in the US For example....don't shoot people or even yourself... computer devices are fair game though LOL
I had the same problem last night but some of the forum members helped me out,the answer for me was to change the edit options in the forum settings I chose Standard.
Old 2013-02-22, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyggy View Post
See the post below go to the forum settings,edit edit options,and change it from basic to standard,soundcloud should should be visible in the message bar.
Old 2013-02-22, 22:21

Got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickara View Post
See the post below go to the forum settings,edit edit options,and change it from basic to standard,soundcloud should should be visible in the message bar.
I managed with the BB instructions to put in a pointer. Thanks for your moral support. Come to think of it; (what is immoral support?)
Old 2013-02-22, 23:07

Thumbs up wonderful to know

aaarg... didn't know there were 3 options for posting in forums... learning something new every day,
Ive been doing it the hard way doh........... thanks for the info.... glad you got it worked out

Last edited by moneykube; 2013-02-22 at 23:09.